A strange feeling

Yesterday morning my Brother in Law found my youngest sister had died in her sleep, as far as anyone was aware she didn't suffer from any ill health leading up to her death so until the post mortem we can only guess at maybe heart failure, but, and here's the strange thing, I don't know how I feel, over the years I have lost all my siblings (before anyone points it out to me, I know, very careless of me) parents and uncles and aunts so it just leaves me standing, This morning I actually felt a (sort of) freedom to no longer have to worry about any family member, and then I felt a sadness that I no longer have family members, it is as I said a strange feeling and before anyone hurls the usual 'man up' comments etc I fully understand that, but I just wondered if anyone else has had these kinds of emotional feelings in this sort of circumstances?

MODS, please feel free to move this to the hole or NAAFI if you feel it deserves to go weapons free

Yesterday morning my Brother in Law found my youngest sister had died in her sleep, as far as anyone was aware she didn't suffer from any ill health leading up to her death so until the post mortem we can only guess at maybe heart failure, but, and here's the strange thing, I don't know how I feel, over the years I have lost all my siblings (before anyone points it out to me, I know, very careless of me) parents and uncles and aunts so it just leaves me standing, This morning I actually felt a (sort of) freedom to no longer have to worry about any family member, and then I felt a sadness that I no longer have family members, it is as I said a strange feeling and before anyone hurls the usual 'man up' comments etc I fully understand that, but I just wondered if anyone else has had these kinds of emotional feelings in this sort of circumstances?

MODS, please feel free to move this to the hole or NAAFI if you feel it deserves to go weapons free
Sympathies, I had exactly the same feelings when my Mother died, relief came before grief, and then I felt rotten because of it. Mind you she had tested a child's bond with it's mother to the limit over many years the relentless cow.

I should qualify what I say about no family left, though my wife passed away a few years ago I do have 2 grown up children, my mixed emotions and feelings are about my family I grew up with

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
You're just thinking of all the savings to be made at Christmas and birthdays, not having to buy cards and presents.

I should qualify what I say about no family left, though my wife passed away a few years ago I do have 2 grown up children, my mixed emotions and feelings are about my family I grew up with
I did wonder about that when you said you didn't have any family, glad to hear you have kids, I was going to offer you one of mine...a drunken, always broke scaleyback whose idea of showing affection is knocking you up at 4 in the morning because he has lost his phone and keys.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC

Sadness, guilt and thinking 'thank fuck for that' are all side effects and emotions that can manifest as grief. There is no need to "man up."

Its a strong post and one I'm sure a lot of people here empathise with. I certainly do.

Sorry for your loss.

Sadness, guilt and thinking 'thank fuck for that' are all side effects and emotions that can manifest as grief. There is no need to "man up."

Its a strong post and one I'm sure a lot of people here empathise with. I certainly do.

Sorry for your loss.
Thanks a lot, much appreciated

Latest Threads