A story or a sign of the times........you decide

A story or a sign of the times, I’m a nurse & obliged to maintain confidentiality etc & I don’t believe this is in breach, true or not you decide.

A Nigerian man walks into a sexual health clinic & requests a sexual health screen, nothing unusual there.

While in the clinic the gentlemen receives a needle stick injury from an unknown source & as per guidelines bloods are taken & post exposure prophylaxis is offered & apparently taken. The bloods are tested for all BBV all negative. Follow up etc is carried out & exactly 3 months later the gentlemen re attends for a full BBV screen.

HIV positive.

As if by magic an agreement is reached between the NHS trust & the individual & an undisclosed sum is paid out by the trust.

Six months later in a different trusts sexual health clinic a Nigerian man walks into a sexual health clinic & requests a sexual health screen, nothing unusual there.

While in the clinic the gentlemen receives a needle stick injury from an unknown source & as per guidelines bloods are taken & post exposure prophylaxis is offered & apparently taken. The bloods are tested for all BBV all negative. Follow up etc is carried out & exactly 3 months later the gentlemen re attends for a full BBV screen.

HIV positive.

However a nurse who once worked in another NHS trusts new of a similar story & informed the Consultant involved, who informed the Trust, who informed the Police who arrested Nigerian twins 1 HIV negative, 1 HIV positive living is a very plush area with no visible means of support.

How many times did they pull this stunt is unknown, what’s happening to them, nothing as the first trust is a little embarrassed to say the least & the gentlemen concerned have been left in there nice house.

Any source for this? I only ask because this sounds like another urban myth or FOAF tale in the making.

Only that I’m the nurse who flagged it up my Consultant & anyone working in A&Es, Walk-in Centres & any self referral centre will be aware of "NHS ugly mug news sheets", their information is carried in these.

See it's always the same blooming mob :D if they can't get a "give us millions" scam going through the post or the net they will try it in person :lol: Rather ingenious all the same.

Where was the 6 week BBFE followup visit in the programme then?

Funny how people who know nothing better or have nothing to add say "Wah!"

If you were currently working in a Medical field you would know that the government own stats suggest that 1 in 22 asylum seekers have HIV on arrival in the UK compared with around 1 in 1000 of the entire population (thanks Ancient_Mariner for that one).

Plus if you had access to "ugly mugs" you could read yourself (SE May 07 Sheets).