A story or a sign of the times........you decide

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Camel_Spider, Jun 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A story or a sign of the times, I’m a nurse & obliged to maintain confidentiality etc & I don’t believe this is in breach, true or not you decide.

A Nigerian man walks into a sexual health clinic & requests a sexual health screen, nothing unusual there.

While in the clinic the gentlemen receives a needle stick injury from an unknown source & as per guidelines bloods are taken & post exposure prophylaxis is offered & apparently taken. The bloods are tested for all BBV all negative. Follow up etc is carried out & exactly 3 months later the gentlemen re attends for a full BBV screen.

HIV positive.

As if by magic an agreement is reached between the NHS trust & the individual & an undisclosed sum is paid out by the trust.

Six months later in a different trusts sexual health clinic a Nigerian man walks into a sexual health clinic & requests a sexual health screen, nothing unusual there.

While in the clinic the gentlemen receives a needle stick injury from an unknown source & as per guidelines bloods are taken & post exposure prophylaxis is offered & apparently taken. The bloods are tested for all BBV all negative. Follow up etc is carried out & exactly 3 months later the gentlemen re attends for a full BBV screen.

HIV positive.

However a nurse who once worked in another NHS trusts new of a similar story & informed the Consultant involved, who informed the Trust, who informed the Police who arrested Nigerian twins 1 HIV negative, 1 HIV positive living is a very plush area with no visible means of support.

How many times did they pull this stunt is unknown, what’s happening to them, nothing as the first trust is a little embarrassed to say the least & the gentlemen concerned have been left in there nice house.

2. Any source for this? I only ask because this sounds like another urban myth or FOAF tale in the making.

3. Only that I’m the nurse who flagged it up my Consultant & anyone working in A&Es, Walk-in Centres & any self referral centre will be aware of "NHS ugly mug news sheets", their information is carried in these.

4. See it's always the same blooming mob :D if they can't get a "give us millions" scam going through the post or the net they will try it in person :lol: Rather ingenious all the same.

Where was the 6 week BBFE followup visit in the programme then?

5. At 6 weeks, bloods were also P24 tested & negative at that time.

However as I said seroconversion appeared to take place exactly at 3 months.

6. Cow

Cow LE

Should have given the one without, aids, that'd fcuk up their scam.

7. Funny how people who know nothing better or have nothing to add say "Wah!"

If you were currently working in a Medical field you would know that the government own stats suggest that 1 in 22 asylum seekers have HIV on arrival in the UK compared with around 1 in 1000 of the entire population (thanks Ancient_Mariner for that one).

Plus if you had access to "ugly mugs" you could read yourself (SE May 07 Sheets).

8. IF he can read. Wah indeed. No fear camel spider, I believe you.