a sterotype to end all sterotypes

Awesomo_2000

Old-Salt
That's quite funny that is.

Maths isn't for every, and they're having fun.

What isn't funny is the poor lass being abused by a bunch of cnuts over the t'interweb.

"I'll knack yer ballix in wee lod!"

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
A child rides his new bicycle to the park. When he gets there, there are a total of 11 bicycles and tricycles in the park. If there are a total of 26 wheels, how many tricycles are there?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/how-long-go-80-miles-3927450#ixzz38rUerzE8
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Right - I'm a thick cnut too.... what's the answer to this - without looking it up on the site, please? I can't figure it out for shit.

Also - took me ages to figure out why I couldn't get the answer to the hare and the tortoise question.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
If you had 11 bikes you'd have 22 wheels, therefore you must have 7 bikes for 14 wheels and 4 trikes for 12 wheels.

Correct - but the multiple choice is 2, 4 or 6 and the official answer is

If you assume each cycle has 2 wheels, 11 cycles will have at least 22 wheels. That leaves 4 wheels unaccounted for, so there must be 4 tricycles.

Thought I was going mad. So I'm obviously still thick for night realising they were talking shit.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Correct - but the multiple choice is 2, 4 or 6 and the official answer is

If you assume each cycle has 2 wheels, 11 cycles will have at least 22 wheels. That leaves 4 wheels unaccounted for, so there must be 4 tricycles.

Thought I was going mad. So I'm obviously still thick for night realising they were talking shit.

I think he muddled his tricycles and bicycles up - which is handy for a journo doing an article about thick people ;)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
A child rides his new bicycle to the park. When he gets there, there are a total of 11 bicycles and tricycles in the park. If there are a total of 26 wheels, how many tricycles are there?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/how-long-go-80-miles-3927450#ixzz38rUerzE8

Right - I'm a thick cnut too.... what's the answer to this - without looking it up on the site, please? I can't figure it out for shit.

Also - took me ages to figure out why I couldn't get the answer to the hare and the tortoise question.[/QUOTE

Well that was simple Four tricycles.. 4 x 3 = 12 wheels. 7 bicycles x 2 wheels = 14 wheels. 12 plus 14 = 26 wheels and 7 plus 4 equals 11.

Have you anything a tad harder?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Also - took me ages to figure out why I couldn't get the answer to the hare and the tortoise question.
Trikes have 3 wheels but the final number needs to be an even number so 4 x trikes = 12 wheels, remainder made up by bikes.

Simples! :cool:

none because it was in liverpool and by the time he got off his bike and turned round all the other bikes had been nicked

Never mind all that. How many young mums were in the park?

2 x tricycles and 10 bikes?
That would be spot on if there was a total of 12 bikes & trikes but the problem clearly says a total of just 11.

A child rides his new bicycle to the park. When he gets there, there are a total of 11 bicycles and tricycles in the park.

Latest Threads