A step short of revolution; independence from party politics

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bits, Mar 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It appears someone has overheard the nation muttering into it's pint about the state of party politics, and the failure of party MPs to represent (or respect) their electorate.

The essence of the aptly named "Jury Team" is that politics should once more be about representation of the people and the freedom to vote on principle, and not about party allegiance and being 'whipped' to toe the party line.

Jury Team is being established to support and promote independent candidates for MP and MEP seats, to give them a fighting chance to compete against the main party candidates. Jury Team clicky!

:D :D :D

This is the most refreshing news I have seen in years! I have signed up and sent them some of Bits hard-earned money to get them started.

Also in the Telegraph: JuryTeam in the Telegraph
  2. thanks for posting that bits.
  3. I joined within a split second. At first I had the depressing grey cloud of "excl. Northern Ireland" hanging over me but soon saw that the organisation in fact covers the Province. Any Independent who can represent his voters' wishes before those of any of the useless British Parties will get my X where it counts.
  4. I'v said it before and I'm going to keep on bleating about it - Proportional Representation. electoral reform now!
  5. I have also joined and made a donation.
  6. Jury Team have now made the BBC News website, which is a brilliant summary of what they are proposing:

You pessimist! :D This is a great opportunity to staunch the ebb of our freedom, and dare I say it, about the best thing to happen to politics in years. All it needs is plenty of SUPPORT! :)