A squaddies friend

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jaybee2786, May 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey Jay,

whats the Eagle all about then - is this a RAF tradition from the Napoleonic wars?

2. I'd rather have one like this one:

[​IMG]

Beats paying for a taxi.

3. Ahhh, RAF Reg baiting. Brilliant sport, let me pull up a seat...

4. Enjoy it while you can. The rumour I heard was that Brown was going to turn back the clock to 1st April 1918 and reinvent the RNAS and RFC. Good thing too IMHO. :wink:

5. Biggles to Ginger, over

6. But what a fair question :clap: - come on, answer please. Or Clyde turns right.......

7. Yes but don't forget Algie and the other spiffing chaps of 266. That's when pilots were pilots. :D

8. It seems a fairly simple thing to answer. the alternative is to find out which Sqn it is and provide old Jay with the answer. Does he wear " Jay Dee " on his growbag?

9. And at the bottom of the link it says they are commanded by non other than Mr W Rooney, a chimp incharge of some rock apes

10. Same SQN in name only diffrent roles, todays 63 SQN is a field SQN.
    When i served on 63 SQN it was a rapier SQN (Yipe i know rapier heard it all before) like everyone else i went to where they told me to go, hated rapier

11. Every man with his own samsonite........

Come on, explain the eagle!!!!

12. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

The 2 (para) sqn page makes for interesting reading - especially when you consider that it is an official site.

Remarks such as

and

along with all the tales of operations they were nearly sent on and their almost SF status really mark them out as well balanced and not chippy in the slightest.

13. POP into the union jack club sat 26 may and ask yourself if you want,i will buy you a pint