A spot of poker

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by jackanory, Oct 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm trying to kick off a bit of online poker tourney at some time in the near future. Anyone who's interested please either post here or PM me with evenings/days that'd suit you and your prefered site to play on and I'll try and come up with something to suit the majority!

J No
  2. up for that ,im on betfair at the moment, days are best around 1 oclock or between 1 and 4 and 10pm onwards
  3. For money or for fun?
  4. i'd be up for it... the times im available change so i'd need to play it by ear
  5. Not a spank are you?
  6. Sorry, but a spank?
  7. I play regularly on 888.com, good site but they hate brits. Which is good because they can't take the humour!! Rip into them using standard squaddie speak and they lose the plot (and their money!!)

The downside to this site is that the good players don't come online till late o' clock. So if yer after some good card action, it's gonna be a late one!

Enjoy nontheless @ www.pacificpoker.com
  8. After doing a bit of research (here, Pprune, rumration etc) the main issue is a number of people are either using Macs or don't wish to 'download' a program. As a result the best suggestion has been to use the PokerRoom.com which has both a downlaod and a non-download Java option and also won a hatfull fo gambling awards. It also allows us to run a private tournament which is ideal.

The next issue is what day and time to play. It's looking like evenings are the most popular but which evenings would everyone prefer? There have been a few calls for weekend games.

It'll only be for a small amount of money, £5 or £10, which'll make up the prizes.
  9. Right,

Looking at organising it for Tuesday about 2000 next week and depending upon interest maybe weekly or fortnightly after.

How does this suit those who are interested to play? :?: If it's given the general thumbs up I'll post the full details of how we're going about it before the weekend!

10. I hope you´ve got a sense of humour,click here to find out why your opponents don´t like `squaddie`!

Not exactly `cricket`is it?
  11. Right we're all set for Tuesday night at 2000 (assuming I've managed to work it out correctly from the American timings I've had to put in!). It's a $10 entry and allows 1 rebuy. To play everyone will need to have sorted their PokerRoom accounts and have at least $10 in there ready to play. I'd suggest doing this sooner rather than later as the creation of an acount may take a while.

The comp can be found in the Private table area under Scheduled area rather than Sit & Go. The tournament name is PumaTeam's as in PumaTeam's Private table - which incidentally is my username on the site. A bit sad I know. Once you've clicked on Go To Tournament, which has the full details of it, click on register and it'll ask you for a password - the password is ilovejpa

Hopefully we can finally get this off the ground this time. If everyone spreads the word, it might just work! It's your duty!

Any questions or suggestions post them in here or PM me, I'll do my best to check back as often as poss!
  12. tonight, 90 mins to go! :twisted:
  13. I apologise for lateness of my response, i have been in a godforsaken place for a month! ( Poland to be precise )

If i am very much mistaken you are saying i cheat at cards. If thats is the case then you sir are a bounder and a cad and unfit to drink piss from mine boot.

On the other hand i may have had a sense of humour failure.