Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Southern Biff's Return to Modelling

I think obnoxious is a very good descriptor along with dogmatic and opinionated. He was one of the advocated for 'grand fleets' of tanks between the wars acting like a Navy. A good trained but the I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did before being sacked off to the Home Guard. He was luck that he got re-instated to a command in which he didn't have a 'command' role in the classic sense.

Well reading the Wikipedia entry it's claimed because of his views on tanks, and then he's politely retied. That reminded me a lot of Blacker over at MD1, getting shuffled out of the mainstream due to being a colossal pain in the backside and rather opinionated and obnoxious.

QRK2

LE
Well reading the Wikipedia entry it's claimed because of his views on tanks, and then he's politely retied. That reminded me a lot of Blacker over at MD1, getting shuffled out of the mainstream due to being a colossal pain in the backside and rather opinionated and obnoxious.

You may well have read this but it covers his pre 79th Div history quite well.

Amazon product

You may well have read this but it covers his pre 79th Div history quite well.

Amazon product

Confession time: I don't read many non-fiction books these days. Mainly because I tend to read primary documents. That means when an Author is writing about something I mentally compare it to what I've got documents stating... and more often than not they're just repeating something they've read in other works which turns out to be wrong.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I've taken a break from plastic today and had a go at making a tree from fuse wire, superglue and twigs collected from the back alley (there's not many out there, despite Brexit :cool: ), and using some dried Gypsum sprigs for smaller branches:

1613922738289.png

I've cut off most of the flowers, the remainder will hopefully look like dead leaves. I think I need to add more Gypsum, before giving it a spray of paint.

I can't find them anywhere, but either Masterbox or miniart produced a set of British Sapper figures clearing mines, they could give you an option around the booby trapped Pak40.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I can't find them anywhere, but either Masterbox or miniart produced a set of British Sapper figures clearing mines, they could give you an option around the booby trapped Pak40.
Funnily enough I have half of that set left over from four years ago, but when I though about it I figured the safety distance would be prohibitive for realism. And boy would that bug me.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
A little bit of a break thanks to work along with the threats and blandishments of SWMBO.

I have received more resin goodness, two lots of Historex heads with Tankie berets and tin pissers, which I've started to paint, along with some PAK 40 ammo boxes:

1614704223004.png

1614704253005.png

Seen here along with the tankie helmeted heads and the Tamiya PAK40 kit ammo container.

Latest Threads