"A soldiers pocket book"

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Mag_to_grid, Jun 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are these worth buying as a gift for someone? My sister is in the RAF and spends quite a bit of time away from the military side of things and then flaps like a good 'un when she has WHT's or CBRN. Are they any good or is there a better alternative available?

Cheers

Mag

2. Have you got access to ArmyNet? There is a link there for all the MATTs and IIRC there used to be the full package on there:

Career and Development

But I have to admit to having a copy of the book a few years ago to refresh some basic knowledge and it worked for me!

3. My Dad passed his copy to me when I joined up. Very good imo and always refer back to it before MATTS, exercise or a course if relevant.

4. Thanks guys, its only £7 or so I think I will get her a copy.

5. I found the Skill at arms book to be more useful although to be honest neither of them match what the instructors tell us (which also changes with each instructor we had)

6. Its never been revised so alot of the stuff is out of date

7. Its out of date sadly

8. The RAF get issued a hand book with wpn drills and CBRN drills in it and even instructions on how to put up a tent. Its called the common core and deployment skills aide memoire.

9. Best bit of tingle-tangle I've ever been issued.
    Everything you need to know in a sensible format.

Updates should be available through the system.

Soldiers Pocket Book is sadly out of date, but the general content is worthwhile having!

10. Some nice pocketbooks:

[​IMG]

IG

:wink: