A Soldier’s Aide-memoir

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Duke_of_Edinburgh, Feb 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know if such a thing exists?

I’ve seen the “A Soldier's Pocket Book” which covers all the main points but it’s presentation lets it down in a couple of places and it hasn’t been updated since 1995 so a little out of date. Most of the stuff it contains would usually carry a RESTRICTED header, but they have obviously got the material declassified.

Why doesn’t the British Army issue a Soldier’s Aide-memoir during phase 1? This would allow recruits and trained soldiers a reliable source to revise from?

I don’t know if the “Basic Battle Skills” is still issued, but this only covered field craft skills.

2. Here.

Isn't Google just amazing???

You should try it! 8O
  3. Can't you read?
  4. Apparently not! What an arrse I am! :roll:

I'm off for tea now.

Humble Pie tonight! :wink:
  5. I don't think there is a soldiers aide memoire published and distributed by the MOD. Never seen one in 17 years in the infantry anyway. All i know of is TAMs and unit SOPs for NCOs and Officers.
  6. Why don't you invent a new one? Maybe you will make a few quid?

Or perhaps I will steal your idea...

7. There is an item being issued in the near future which will contain your Survive to Fight, BCD Booklet etc. Not sure when the issue date is going to be, but the last time I heard it was supposed to be April this year.
  8. So that'll be sometime late next year then!
  9. The new BCD aide-memoire has changed to a TAM/ filofax type insert. Doesn't give you the binder to go with it though...
  10. Cheapskates!
  11. Army Code No. 71757 Infantry Pocketbook dated Jan 2002, to be used in conjunction with AATAM