A sniperss tale

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Schleswig-Holstein, Feb 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As ever, not sure if this has been posted, but a great and humbling read about Aussie snipers in Korea. A sniper's tale

2. Thanks for posting that.

3. I'm feeling strangely aroused....

4. Fascinating.

5. Good post

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Outstanding article.

I feel quite sorry for the bloke too, and not a little in awe.

7. Sobering stuff... What a bloke.

8. Years later, the same RSL branch asked him to join. "I told them to stick it up their arse." :D LMAO.

What a terrific story. Good post

9. Journos here could do with reading that...it is human, reports but doesn't judge and reflects accurately the military facts and history. Then again why bother??

10. Thanks for posting that. Good to read such stories.

11. Excellent. Cheers.

12. Sounds like a proper Digger to me. Good work.

13. Cracking article that,thanks Schleswig-Holstien

14. kind of puts things into perspective: 3 year war with a million lives lost including 33,000 Americans

15. Almost certainly more. The Asian participants often weren't terribly accurate with their nominal rolls and had no idea how many troops were actually in the formations they were committing to battle, let alone their names. I know of families in both ROK and PRC who've still to this day no idea if their relatives are alive or dead. I imagine DPRK would be the same.

That was a fascinating read. A genuine insight into a job I certainly couldn't do.