A small patrol pack that will fit under the lid of a bergan

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by skrm, Jan 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At the risk of having my head bit off for writing 'another sodding daysack post'...
    I'm looking for a non Issue daysack that is small enough to shove under the lid of a bergan.
    Just a 6-12hour jobbie. Thanks

2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Is that 6 - 12 hours worth of sandwiches or 6 - 12 hours worth of batteries for radios and ECM? Perhaps it is 6 - 12 hours worth of link for the GPMG if in a fierce TIC?

Pretty pointless measuring capacity in time, don't you think?

• Like Like x 2
  3. I had a 6 hour jobbie on boxing day. I blame the turkey and sprouts. Bloody awful it was. Hoop felt like it had gone a night out with 3 PARA mortars.

As for your daysac question. What The Duke said.

• Like Like x 4
  4. I know by saying this I'll probably have my account deleted but... Im OTC. The most exciting adventures we go on seperated from our bergans is say, a day and a night nav. I just need something for gortex warm kit radio orders, gloves and medkit. Something that I can badly dive to prone in for a day... A rocket pack on a straps doesnt hold half the kit we take...

5. Berghaus Munro

• Like Like x 1
  6. Berghaus Munro.

You're welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have a good day sack I got from HM supplies, had it since 2004 and it's still going strong. It's big enough to carry radios and plenty of kit but will fit under the lid of a well packed Bergen.

http://www.hmsupplies.co.uk/536-hmronum-HM-Supplies-ronum-daysack-40l.html

Though at £55 might be a bit steep for the OTC

8. many thanks... the muroe or centurio - does the frame not make them a bit of a pain to compress down?

9. Take the frame out and it folds down smaller than your room in student digs.

I worked that out all by myself; and I didn't go to uni!

• Like Like x 1
  10. admission standards are slipping at uni, well they the OTC ones are anyway. Good to know it can be removed.

11. Fair one! ;)

12. X59

X59 LE

Why do you specify non issue ?

Not always the preferred option to use G10 for men, but sometimes just the job.

13. I specify non issue because our QMS is less than friendly about issuing kit. "2 rocket pouches one for bergan one with this yoke now (insert creative army expletive) off". I cant get one from stores so figured I should look elsewhere rather than put up with rocket pouches.

14. Two rocket packs?

No need to thank me.....