• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

A Single Logistic Corps

Heard that this is being considered again - primarily as a cost saver and that it might include elements of eother existing "service" Corps, such as REME, Medics, MPs.

oh my god it didnt work for the canadians they have recently gone back to having medic's, mp's and logies in diffferent units it wont work properly thats why the canadians binned it the goverment should leave the feck alone change is not always good

Didnt the Canadians try a generalist style. that could never work, hope its a bit more thought through than that. Of course it will greatly effect all if it ever came to being and would provide some interesting cross postings!!

What would this do to the MPC(A) who's trade would we have to follow then. We can't seem to work out what our boys are doing at the moment without more capbadges joining. Just think of the size of the cap badge would be. 8) 8O :mrgreen:

It pains me to say it but, it will probably happen sooner rather than later. But not the way you think, afterall are not the REME attempting to take control of the spares issue(no pun intended). Even though one big Corp would exist, a Vm would still go to VM post and a Sup Con would still go to a Sup Con post. Cross posting could happen but would they(the great they), be happy with a Logistic Col in charge of a REME Bn and vice versa. REME do it with tiffys - Artificer unspec, believe me it doesn't always work.

Though come to think of it, an RMP might do better in a Chef post?

edited because i've got Fcuking great bratty fingers and this keyboard is doing my head in!!!!

Aside from the technical difficulties it would take to achieve this, there is another area which would prevent it from happening. That being the combined size of this 'supersized RLC' operating under one capbadge would be greater in numbers than the combined total of the Infantry. This is a threshold that certain red tabs wouldn't want to happen. :?

Horridlittleman said:
Aside from the technical difficulties it would take to achieve this, there is another area which would prevent it from happening. That being the combined size of this 'supersized RLC' operating under one capbadge would be greater in numbers than the combined total of the Infantry. This is a threshold that certain red tabs wouldn't want to happen. :?
Exactly...... who in the "right" places would want to see a 3 star Loggie? :)

Why ever not? If you want to achieve real economies of scale you would ceratinly form a Joint Logistic or Service Corps that could encompass all logistic and possibly services functions across all 3 services.

That would make the Infantries eyes water.

next we'll all be grouped under "british defence force". the notion is ridiculous and clearly the brain child of some high level mod staff offr who has been promised promotion if he can find x million in the defence budget to pay for our pay rise and the infantry advertising campaign.

Latest Threads