A Serious Walt ?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Stinkerson, Mar 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here’s the deal.

I apologise for the sketchy details, but the following is all I have to go on at the moment.

I was recently asked by a mate to do a bit of digging on someone. A civvy friend of a friend is his is thinking of employing this bloke who claims to be ex-military.

The job is some form of UK based CP stuff with a small company that’s just starting out.

The reason I was asked to dig a bit is because this fella claims to be ex Royal Anglian, primarily from the G4 world and achieved quite a high rank.

Right, now we come to the crux of the matter.

This ex-military bloke claims to be a bit or a weapons guru (not surprising if he is ex Infantry and if he achieved a high rank he MAY have completed both Junior & Senior Brecon). He is constantly giving it large about the different type of weapons he has used / is familiar with and from what I have been told seems like a typical ‘G4 got something to prove’ type of bloke.

Not that I’m saying all G4 Ninja’s are like that, I’m sure we’ve all me a few!

Now, the main concern is that this bloke claims to have some form of permit to carry any type of firearm within the UK whilst in civilian clothing. There was no mention of carrying this weapon whilst on any type of security work, just that he is allowed (with this mystical permit) to cut around armed.

When questioned on his past he will only provide the details I’ve given above and doesn’t want to give any military references as he says he’s left that part of his life behind and wants to move on.

This all seems a bit odd to me.

So, I put this out to my fellow ARRSER’s, what do you guys think about this. He seems like a bit of a Walt type but if he’s giving details such as former regiment, he’s leaving himself wide open.

I realise I’m posting this in the NAAFI (I’m all up for a bit of Walt outing) but serious comments are welcome!

Comments / Thoughts?
  2. No.
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Yep, he's walting it big time.
  4. Brief but straight to the point. :)
  5. I f*ckin hate pot noodles, oh sh*t, wrong thread.................
  6. Do the usual, ask for his sevice number and post it on here, if he's bluffing he'll say he cant remember it cos he left ages ago.

Until then, coffee time!
  7. And ask him how much his last Christmas bonus was.

Most tend to trip themselves up on that one.
  8. Some 'interesting' comments!

I've got his service number, don't really want to post on an open forum, PM me for it and we'll see what we see!
  9. When did he say he joined and what are his first 4? You can normally do a rough work out and see if they correlate and if he is genunine.
  10. Ask your friend to request a Firearms Certificate from this bloke if he wants to carry anything on the job he will have to provide him with this. on the Cert it should say what kind of firearm if any he can carry and the max amount of ammuntion he can own.

11. I thought G4 was Logistics
  12. That HAS to be bollox....my dad left in 2000 and even I can remember his service number 8O
  13. Or an old French biplane.
  14. Learn to read, dribbler.