A (serious) question re shi!tting

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by crescent, Oct 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evenin'

Right so last weekend I was ambulance job-ed into Hospital for an emergency apendesectomy after the lovely little thing exploded.

Before hand for about 4 days I hadn't eaten anything due to feeling ill etc, but in hospital the day after the op' and every day since I've been eating relatively normally.

Only problem is, I'm on a week without being able to take a dump and this is obviously quite concerning. it's a combination of partly not feeling the need to, and then when I do feel the need it hurts to bloody much to 'push'.

So erm....any suggestions? Anyone been in the same boat?
  2. get some lactulose solution from the med centre mate, 2 x 5ml spoonfulls twice a day.

Can take up to 3 days to get things moving, but trust me it will!!

Get some Senakot from the local supermarkets in the mean time

Failing that, get a kebab from tidworth - that always works, might feel like a naval flair coming out your ass the next morning though....
  3. try that fibrosure from the supermarket. Give it a couple of days, and if nothing happens go and see the doc
  4. I just did a lovely one myself if that helps.

It may just be the medication you are on, if any. I am chewing painkillers like they are going out of fashion at the moment some am a little bunged up.

It has been hurting me all week as well. Any blood, I think mine is piles related.
  5. Might Ibuprofen work? Seems to work for all other sorts of pain...
  6. Hi crescent exactly the same happened to me about 4 years ago. I had a fear of having a poo and was frightened that the pressure of releasing a baby sea otter back to the ocean would burst the surgery etc etc. I think I had my surgery on a Friday morning and did not go for a sitty downy until the Wednesday night. The medics put me on a diet of smoothies and it cleaned me out. I managed a fillet steak avec trimmings and a glass of wine a week after surgery. You need oodles of pulped fruit & loads of water. Good luck in your recovery.
  7. Vaseline in your ringpiece before you squeeze one out - this will ease the passage so to speak.

If it were normal constipation I would suggest some prune juice from the health food shop. But as you have already been in hospital recently I would see a doctor just in case.

Its probably nothing but why take the chance.
  8. you just need to visit the same balken restaraunt i did last night..ive had no trouble going scince...or stopping...
  9. Complete plagiarism but we have used this to manage a child's previous issues.... increased doses may be required.... nurse called it bum blaster!!!

to quote:

sodium picosulphate

How does it work?

Sodium picosulfate is a medicine known as a stimulant laxative. After being taken by mouth, it is activated by the bacteria naturally present in the large intestine. It then stimulates nerve endings in the intestinal wall. These nerves make the muscles in the intestine and rectum contract more often and with more force, a process known as peristalsis. This moves the contents of the intestine along so that the bowel can be emptied, and hence relieves constipation. Sodium picosulfate is also used to stimulate the emptying of the bowel before surgery, childbirth or medical investigation of the gut.
    What is it used for?

Emptying the bowel prior to surgery, childbirth or radiological investigation
    Short term management of constipation

As with all laxatives, this medicine should not be taken on a continuous daily basis for long periods. If laxatives are needed on a daily basis you should consult your doctor.
    This medicine should not be given to children under 10 years of age, unless on medical advice.
    Not to be used in

If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
  10. :twisted: bag/tub of prunes ...the stoneless ones....just eat the whole bag/tub and your problem will be over ! you may have a new problem then lols get some baby wipes as well just to help
  11. To be honest I don't shit alot in the field on one of the FANTASTIC cadet excercises where you stand up in the harbor area and go to the portaloo if need be.

By not alot I mean not atall, due to the food.

Eat a lot of fibre mate, or get a supository (if that's what it's called) bum torpedo
  12. Get someone to tesco etc... buy a shit load of fresh Orange juice drink it all down and i mean loads of it. It will make you squirt in no time.
  13. That's exactly the two I'm taking.

Thanks guys, have got some senokot so will see what happens tomorrow/Monday.

Got an appointment with the practice nurse to have a look at the stitches on Monday, will mention to her also if no 'developments'

Edited to add: Also got a big bag of oranges, and will be upping the water intake too.

Cheers again lads!
  14. Keep us informed of your errrr movements.

Pictures not compulsory
  15. get settled on the pan…put your hands on your ears and squeeze.

works for me..