• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

A series of short talks by Timothy Snyder

Status
Not open for further replies.
This series of short talks by the Yale historian and author ( Bloodlands, Black Earth, On Tyranny- all very good) is succinct, informative, incisive and timely. It should be watched by anyone concerned by the direction politics (not only in the US) is taking:

Last edited:
This series of short talks by the Yale historian and author ( Bloodlands, Black Earth, On Tyranny- all very good) is informative, incisive and timely. It should be watched by anyone concerned by the direction politics (not only in the US) is taking:

I first came across Dr Snyder by listening to his conversation with Sam Harris. I was impressed with his knowledge, the clarity & succinctness with which he discussed the subject, &, as you say, the timeliness. So thanks for saving me the bother of of the usual Youtube search rigmarole.

This series of short talks by the Yale historian and author ( Bloodlands, Black Earth, On Tyranny- all very good) is succinct, informative, incisive and timely. It should be watched by anyone concerned by the direction politics (not only in the US) is taking:

Worrying, to say the least.

The first clip would be worth posting in the Trump thread.

I give up on that thread , it is of no use anymore. And if this one becomes a copy of that, I'll ask the mods to lock it.
Its a shame, because I valued your input there.

Not something I could say about everyone... ^^

Why? Love or hate him, he was elected because a bunch of Americans voted for him.
The Orang Utan, as some US comedians refer to him, was elected because;

He promised jobs for joe six pack

He faced a fairly unattractive opponent

He promised to deport non- citizens

He promised to build a Great Wall along the Mexican border to keep drugs and gangsters out

He was knowingly involved in collusion with Russia to assist in swaying the already fcuked-up electoral college system.

Given the above it's no wonder a bunch of people voted for him.

How's he doing with all that so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads