A SEAL war hero rues a decision made in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Jul 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

2. You're right, it has been discussed on here before and the US personnel involved didn't come over very well last time to my mind.

So the option of put one bloke to guard them, establish a defensive perimeter and request extraction wasn't in their "actions on"? Amateurish.

Poor Planning and Preparation gives P1ss Poor Performance.

Did he really? He sounds like a total nob-end who couldn't make a command decision because he lacked the necessary equipment.

Kill them all, let God sort them out hey? Hey. lets murder some civvies, they're only wogs anyway. Hi five! Fried Chicken! Mine's A diet Coke!

Tosser. Shame about his mates.

Do we need people like this in the armed forces of our so called allies?

3. Hmm. Wouldn't be so hasty to condemn just yet:

4. Why the fuck do the Americans always have to be so fucking melodramatic about everything?

Like those ice sculptures of the New York fireman that ended up in the gallery a few years ago, it just isn't needed.
  5. Umm, because he now has a book to flog?
  6. Indeed of course ex stab would have charged and killed all the gooks with a dull pencil and created a new radio with a paper clip. I would watch what you say though turnabout is fair play, many people could bring up what happened to a boatload of Brits who managed to make the news a few months ago......
  7. Fair comment. Nobody's perfect(except me of course 8) )
  8. Never would have said otherwise Werewolf, your picture would be highlighted in gold in the dictionary, and your sainthood is a given.
  9. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Perhaps that book is a factor; however, IMHO I think he's suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as well as survivor guilt.

I can fully understand a soldier going what this SEAL went through having the thoughts he is having. Hearing your dying comrades cries for help and not being able to help is tough! I've been there and done that, and I'll never forget get it. I get to re-live it every so often in my dreams and/or thoughts and that was a long time ago now.

I hope he makes a ton of bucks $$$$ on his book! I hope he is undergoing treatment for his PTSD.
  10. Hmm just a quick observation, but ex_stab, why are you so quick to critique a Navy Seal, when it seems like you are having trouble just passing a PT test???
  11. Oh I'm sure SAS experts like Andy McNab could teach him a thing or two about tactics...or more likely, about media hype.
  12. A justifiable criticism. My answer is I'm not sure why. It's in our nature for some f-ing reason and I'm not a fan. It's the e-n-d-l-e-s-s hammering away at the minutiae of suffering that just leaves me numb. Can't figure out why it's so popular and embedded.