A Scumbag US Walt Caught on Veterans Day

Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, Nov 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This scumbag has never seved in any military service.

2. We need a similar stature on this side of the pond...........good drills guys.
  3. I think that a suitable punishment would be to send him to Parris Island so he could experience the joys of boot camp. I'm sure he'd appreciate the extra attention he'd be sure to get from his instructors.
  4. Outing Willie smacks of racism..... at least that's what Jimmy Carter would have us believe!
  5. I agree totally with you,however Im sure it wouldnt take long for those two magic words to be shouted "human rights".
  6. Ooooooo nice catch! Stone the bastard! :twisted:
  7. There was an addition at the end of the article where the author received info on the vet pictured. Turns out he served from 1949-1974. His primary military occupational specialty (US army talk for job) was 11B- light infantry and his secondary MOS was 11C- mortars. His additional skill identifier was P which stands for parachute qualified. Seems to me, the greatest flaw "willie"is accused of is supporting Obama.
  8. Why not put him in a uniform and send him somewhere he can get some "combat experience" and earn the right the wear them?
  9. Update:

Marine imposter suspect to plead guilty

10:15 PM PST on Friday, December 4, 2009

The Press-Enterprise

A Palm Springs man has agreed to plead guilty to one federal charge of the unauthorized wearing of military medals he did not earn to impress his classmates at a high school reunion.

Steven Burton, 39, is scheduled to enter his plea Dec. 14 in U.S. Federal Court in Riverside, said Assistant U.S. Attorney Joseph Akrotirianakis.

Burton pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor charge Nov. 12, a day after the charge was filed on Veterans Day. He is free on $10,000 bond.

FBI agents and the Naval Criminal Investigative Service began investigating Burton when he appeared at a high school reunion dressed as a lieutenant colonel. At the reunion in the Bay-area community of Martinez, Burton wore several medals, including the Purple Heart and the Navy Cross, the highest medal awarded by the U.S. Navy or Marine Corps.

A Naval commander attending the reunion took a picture that included Burton and submitted it to investigators. Authorities discovered Burton had posted his photo on blogs claiming that he served in Iraq and Afghanistan, though he never served in any branch of the military. Burton also wore the uniform and medals to a Halloween party in 2007 and on the beach at Coronado Island.

The plea agreement states that Burton purchased the medals, swords and uniforms on eBay and in military surplus stores. He also agreed to identify where the medals were purchased illegally.

Federal prosecutors did not settle on a sentence for Burton, who could face up to a year in prison or probation.

10. That, and wearing a great deal of medals, ribbons and qualification badges that he didn't earn from conflicts he didn't serve in as well as the ones he actually did earn.
  11. You saved me the trouble of responding. I grow weary of so many who seem blind to the actual facts before them if they can instead divert attention to some alleged anti-Obama bias.