A Scotsman for Prime Minister?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Chef, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Absolutely!

2. No I like the liars!

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just been re-reading George MacDonald Fraser's book ''Quartered safe out here'' and it occured to me that taken in conjunction with the 'Flashman' books and the couple of times I've been to his talks could he not be a Scots PM that we could admire and follow?
  2. Gets my vote. Good war record, was (by all accounts) a good officer and he's done a lot for the Gordons OCA.
  3. We had a Scotsman that made a complete fuck up of it and we have a scotsman who seems to be just as bad, why in gods name would we want another one?
  4. Because none of the English ones have been any good.
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

He probably would be as he served in Burma with the Carlisle mob - what was it then? King's Border Regt?

Anyway, he saw life from both sides of the border and although the McAuslan books were about the Gordons, "Quartered safe out here" was about the Regiment he went to war with.

All in all - yes, a well balanced individual.
  6. Well Maggie was great, unless you're a lefty, red flag waving Blair lover...... :wink:
  7. Can you add a wait and see if we get screwed at the next Budget by the Chancellor (oops sorry PM)in the poll please :?
  8. Was she? Were you old enough to vote when she was PM?
  9. Sadly yes I am old enough :( , but only by a few years :)
  10. I'm not bothered what nationality the next prime minister is. Just as long as they do a better job than the creature with have in at the moment!