• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

A sad tragic story

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
A needless waste

RIP kid.

May I nominate for this young soldier be added to the Iraqi rememberance thread, as although he did not die in theatre, the theatre killed him.

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere, didnt see it.

It is indeed such a big tragedy. RIP...

The lad has been told about children suicide bombers... But has even one such case been fixed in Iraq? In the British zone?

PS. There were few cases of alleged suicide bombers-children in Palestine. But all of them are highly suspicious. It is possible that Mossad staged them.

A tragic loss

Nearly as tragic, that the media are attempting to catalogue all military Iraq related suicides as being protests against the deployment. :cry:

KGB_resident said:
PS. There were few cases of alleged suicide bombers-children in Palestine. But all of them are highly suspicious. It is possible that Mossad staged them.
"All of them are highly suspicious"? Really? Have you any evidence that Mossad (more Shin Bet's/Shabak's area Sergey) 'staged them'?

subbsonic said:
A tragic loss

Nearly as tragic, that the media are attempting to catalogue all military Iraq related suicides as being protests against the deployment. :cry:
It also pi$$es me off that they claim that 115 servicmen have been killed in Iraq. They conveniently include those who have died from everyday accidents or natural causes in order to further their political agenda.

Damn sad story.

As a matter of interest, a Canadian C/S recently engaged two guys, in Afghanistan, on a motorcycle that refused to stop when challenged. The bikers apparently ignored the warnings (and the warning shots), continued to approach the blokes, so they opened up. The driver was hit in the shoulder and the pillion passenger (10 years of age) was hit in the face as the round exited.

The world is a pretty f*cked up place sometimes.

gallowglass said:
KGB_resident said:
"All of them are highly suspicious"? Really? Have you any evidence that Mossad (more Shin Bet's/Shabak's area Sergey) 'staged them'?
I don't think that this thread is a right place for this discussion. I expressed my opinion, you have your one. Let's it be this way.

RIP boy.

A very sad story indeed. If what has been reported so far is true, then the real issue of concern here is that the poor fellow was even considered fit to be in the Army, let alone fit for operational deployment.

RIP

KGB_resident said:
It is indeed such a big tragedy. RIP...

The lad has been told about children suicide bombers... But has even one such case been fixed in Iraq? In the British zone?

You have got to be kidding me. I'm offering a great price on tin-foil lined beanies, you may want to buy one to protect yourself from the Mossad mind-control ray machine.... :roll:

Condolences to the deceased's family.

Taz_786 said:
RIP although I dont think this chap was 100% upstairs.
That may be the case but surely the alarm blls were ringing somewhere. But no one heard them or cared until it was too late.
According to the report,5 others have commited suicide in Iraq or because of it.Where's the help that would have prevented it or at least recognised the symtoms. Are the lessons being learnt to prevent this happening in future?I hope so.

Ok im going to be controversial here and although it is a tragic waste in all honesty im not too sure how much sympathy i have for someone who commits suicide before even deploying - if it could be traced to a case of PTSD then that would be easier to deal with. However the over bearing thought i have for his family is sympathy-if i were connected to the young bloke id put my head above the pafrapet and say that id honestly be threaders with him, i fail to see how he could justify putting his family/the people he leaves behind through the ordeal they are now suffering, all of which occurs before an operational tour.
I of course caveat this by saying i wish a life hadnt been lost and that the young fella can rest in peace.

dutybooty said:
Ok im going to be controversial here and although it is a tragic waste in all honesty im not too sure how much sympathy i have for someone who commits suicide before even deploying - if it could be traced to a case of PTSD then that would be easier to deal with. However the over bearing thought i have for his family is sympathy-if i were connected to the young bloke id put my head above the pafrapet and say that id honestly be threaders with him, i fail to see how he could justify putting his family/the people he leaves behind through the ordeal they are now suffering, all of which occurs before an operational tour.
I of course caveat this by saying i wish a life hadnt been lost and that the young fella can rest in peace.
It is a hard and tragic case. Anytime a young man feels so desperately isolated or helpless that they resort to suicide to solve their problems is!

Despite this, it does seem that there are underlying issues, including his upbringing, bullying, and his mental stability.

It's very easy for us to sit back ans say that he was a 'pussy' for taking the easy way out, and to think of the pain he has inflicted on his family and friends. But none of us can truly relate to the terrible loneliness and isolation (and perhaps premature guilt), that this young lad felt, strongly enough to want to end it all.

All in all an extremly sad case. Perhaps a review of psychological testing/screening? Perhaps more vigilance between mates?

Latest Threads