A respectful request.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by JeffatSAFEDefence, Jan 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all.My name is Jeff Sawyer, and I'm a retired London (Metropolitan) Police officer. I have never served in the military (one of my two regrets - the other one isn't suitable to be in the public domain...), and I genuinely hope it's acceptable for me to use this forum to make a request of you who have served.I now live in Basingstoke, Hampshire and make my living teaching martial arts and self-protection. I teach a system which is a mixture of Jiu-Jitsu, Krav Maga, Kali, Boxing and Muay-Thai. I have been training in - and teaching - martial arts for almost 34 years (the arts and systems I've studied have quite literally saved my life twice - once as a police officer, and once whilst serving as a member of a close-protection team in West Africa).I am in the process of writing a book and have had several articles and pieces published in the UK. The book is on the physical and psychological aspects of hand to hand/close quarter fighting, and the real-world use of self-defence/unarmed combat tactics. As part of my research I have conducted several interviews with Police officers, security personnel and one with a former Welsh Guardsman who served in Northern Ireland.
    I need to speak with and potentially interview current or former members of the armed services who have experienced combat at close quarters, and I am hoping that some of you on this forum would be prepared to help.I can assure you that I will respect and honour any degree of discretion and/or anonymity that is required.Please feel free to contact me if you'd be interested in contributing. Thanks for reading!Jeff SawyerWebsite: S.A.F.E. Defence - a new era in self-protection - HomeE mail: mastersawyersjujitsu@hotmail.com

2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

3. Whilst I've never bayoneted a man I have been involved in close combat.

Somehow though, I doubt very much that "when the first burst of rounds landed in and amongst the patrol, I followed through and vomited with fear before digging a shell scrape with my eyelids" would sell many books.

Especially the post script where I was courts martialed for cowardice.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Do we have to bow before we type a response Master, despite you "not having any overbearing hierachy" in your training

and do we al have to click and have a look at your website as well?

5. I almost had a bit of close combat once when I shagged some mad ginger bloke's girlfriend when I was oop norf.

He had a bit of a weird name like river or moat or something.

• Like Like x 1
  6. You owe me:

A computer monitor

New keyboard

Clean kecks

An unbroken rib

and a fresh beer.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Is hand to hand combat like being ambidextrous and wanking with alternate hands?

8. That's hand to gland.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Where is tropper when you need him?

10. Jeff: don't bother talking to any dropshorts/gunners/planks: their idea of CQB is 25km.

I wonder if any RA people are stupid enough to bite...

11. James Shortt is your man, he's a veritable encyclopedia in all things hand to hand/close quarter fighting & runs courses himself. A much venerated exponent of underwater knife fighting too.

12. Does using a hoover on a spider count?

• Like Like x 2
  13. I once slapped my ex on the top of her head with my engorged member, however in response she punched me in the balls. Ahh foreplay.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using ARRSE mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. My only experience on close combat was in Cardiff, fist to face = nighty night. I've never truly got over being sparked out by a 20 stone welsh bird called 'Tammy'.