A request to you all.

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by ShoghunUK, Apr 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As most of you know, the British Veterans website has come along quite well. Last week we had over 1000 individual hits, which was more than I expected.

As I am disabled and awaiting my medical board, I try and keep the site as up to date as I can. To that end, I have a request.

If anyone is doing something for charity, especially SSAFA, H4H, RBL and St Dunstans, could you please let me know so I can post it on the site and hopefully get more interest for you.

We can't promise the earth, but the more people that read about a proposed event, the better the sponsorship (hopefully).

I try and read this site a few times a day, so any PM will get actioned as soon as I read it.

For those of you who haven't seen the site in its new form, take a look at www.british-veterans.co.uk

Thanks

2. First event added! Thanks!

There is a new section, accessible from the homepage, for charity events. We have one added and room for more.

If you have an event we can help with, let me know.

Thanks

3. Hi there,

I am doing a 1200 mile solo walk (camping all the way) this summer, in aid of Help For Heroes. If this the sort of charity event you were looking for to go on your website? My target was to raise a £ per mile, and have so far raised 80%. I am not in the Forces at the moment, but am hoping to be when I have finished uni.

Jenna

4. Well done and good luck with it! (I walked round Loch Ness for charity once).
    nearly bloody killed me!

5. Thank you, eodmatt, I appreciate it! I will be walking past Loch Ness on my way up :)
    If anyone on here would like to sponsor me, the link is:

http://www.justgiving.com/Jenna-Chetwynd

(Nothing like a bit of free advertising, but it's all for a good cause, so hopefully not too shameful!) :D