A Reminder from History that War is Indeed Hell

I had seen this some years ago and ran across it again today. Another reason why many combat veterans are slow to want another war.

[video=youtube;6Ta7U_3gGdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ta7U_3gGdM[/video]

A few stills:

4958871441_4aed7f297f_b.jpg 4958873069_dc0edf9c7e_b.jpg 4959466528_60baed2d7a_b.jpg 4959466740_cdf85934c0_b.jpg 4959466244_7d914f5e78_b.jpg 4959464644_0dd7b4e827_b.jpg

Shouldn't have joined if you can't take a joke...

JJH - would also like to know who the snapper is. Was it Horst Faas?

He died a couple of weeks ago, google and all is there, nothing new in these pics. Faas took alot better and more grainy.
Yes-he is one--let me see if I can find the rest of the names.

Added: Henri Huet, Sal Veder, Rick Merron, Bill Ingraham, John Nance and Nick Ut

He died a couple of weeks ago, google and all is there, nothing new in these pics. Faas took alot better and more grainy.
Ah bokka, you are one of the grainy wallahs, a quality much missed now we are in the digital age.

I know Fass croaked. I once worked with him, many moons ago. Fyi, there's nothing new in most photies. I think that's the point of the OP's post.

Trouble is politicians will never learn (as most have never served or had children who will serve) and young men (and increasingly women) will always be drawn to a life in the forces.

Good post though, and shows that even though humans are very good at killing and wounding we also have some fantastic people out there who are just as adept at saving lives.

B

bokkatankie

Ah bokka, you are one of the grainy wallahs, a quality much missed now we are in the digital age.
Agreed, however, looking at a variety of more up to date shots there is still some talent out there. I am a bit of a fan of Don McCullin and his work over the decades.

I have 2 books at home, one Images of War and the other The Camera at War. Interesting bit is that in one book a photo is described as US Army raping girl in Vietnam and same photo in other book states brothel scene in Saigon. As they say, the camera does not lie but the caption writer is not so trustworthy.