A reason to go to Lidl?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Jan 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The last really good reason I had to go to Lidl was a 600ml bottle of San Miguel for £1.80. I couldn't get my hand round the girth. 6 of those was a goooooood day!

2. German bratties, frikadellen, potato salad and cheap beer ... all worth going to Lidl for :)

3. seconded.....and thirded!

4. And shite hot optics at silly cheap prices

5. That and your bezzer works there ;)

6. Agreed here too. They may not be the best bratties, but they are fine for currywurst. Mmmm… currywurst… :hungry:

7. Just polished off a couple of bratties with some curried sauce, chips and a nice bottle of 'Hoffer' blond pils from Lidl. :D

I'm glad the RAF chimps from my Joint Unit all shop at Tesco's, they bore me enough all day without having to meet them in the shops during evening time too! :roll: :roll: :roll:

8. Actually I haven't been able to get Bratwurst from Lidl for about a year now in any of the branches I have visited here in NI.
    Aldi aren't over here so I am stuffed on that front too!

9. Polish till workers. Some of which are female!

10. Some Tesco outlets are now selling bratties; Waitrose too, if there's one in NI (expensive, naturally), and M & S may have them. To the above Lidl list I'd add Rotkohl and Sauerkraut (available elsewhere, I know). One notable absence, for me, is mittelscharf Senf - anybody know where I can get it?

11. bought some fab venison steaks, lobsters and 2 guinea fowl from there last week! beats eating the same 4 animals week in week out!

12. Tesco £1.47. :x

13. I love the sweets they sell

14. Polish till workers. Some of which are female!