Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A real turkey?

I'm surprised, (no I'm not), that the media hasn't started bemoaning the "End of Christmas as we know it" yet. Just to keep the nation's morale ticking over nicely in the gutter you understand, pedlars of doom and gloom that they are.

For example, if you're a turkey farmer, how screwed are you going to be, given that the market for turkeys that can feed 10-15 people will almost certainly be non-existent this year? How long before we start seeing stories on this?

I'm surprised, (no I'm not), that the media hasn't started bemoaning the "End of Christmas as we know it" yet. Just to keep the nation's morale ticking over nicely in the gutter you understand, pedlars of doom and gloom that they are.

For example, if you're a turkey farmer, how screwed are you going to be, given that the market for turkeys that can feed 10-15 people will almost certainly be non-existent this year? How long before we start seeing stories on this?
20200926_110551_compress47.jpg

Farmers Guardian 25/9/20.

Someone senior at work got interviewed about Turkey sales for this Christmas with the MSM putting the case for sales being depressed because of Covid 19

He reckons the opposite, with at best local lockdowns still in full swing, more people will be stuck at home, there will be less foreign holidays over xmas so sales of Turkeys should be higher than normal

I don't know why they interviewed him though as he's a Chicken expert really

They have :):)

2 weeks ago

From the link:

"It is not yet clear how long the new "rule of six" will be in place, although Health Secretary Matt Hancock told Radio 4's Today programme he hoped it would be lifted before Christmas."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edit: Also the turkey farmers in the story appeared to be a white, heterosexual couple. Not in any way, shape or form ghey, "of colour", not native to these shores or disabled. So that clearly a fake news story as the Beeb wouldn't post it without the requisite compulsory "minority" angle to it.

Last edited:
On the plus side, sales of The Devil's Turds, AKA sprouts will hopefully be way down.

On the plus side, sales of The Devil's Turds, AKA sprouts will hopefully be way down.

Unlikely I've already got mine on the boil for xmas

The MSM efforts are currently concentrated on the poor, oppressed student population, who, through no fault of their own(bless them), are confined to barracks across the country. Cue interviews with angry parents and tearful students, accusing Politicians of being heartless, with very little reference to Freshers Fairs or mass piss ups.
The Media will get around to Turkeys and Brussels Sprouts in due course, once they have worked out how to blame Boris for it.

Dalef65

Old-Salt
The MSM efforts are currently concentrated on the poor, oppressed student population, who, through no fault of their own(bless them), are confined to barracks across the country. Cue interviews with angry parents and tearful students, accusing Politicians of being heartless, with very little reference to Freshers Fairs or mass piss ups.
The Media will get around to Turkeys and Brussels Sprouts in due course, once they have worked out how to blame Boris for it.
And after Turkey, sprouts and Xmas, they will somehow seek to blame him for the Brexit deal on Dec 31. Then back to Covid19.

It's gonna be a long winter.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock told Radio 4's Today programme he knew it would be roundly ignored before, during and after Christmas and there was **** all he could do about it."
Edited for an uncharacteristic dash of realism to a ministerial statement.

Dr Death

War Hero
89 Days till the December Festive event.
No office party's & chance for the odd feel, drunk grope or shag that some on arrse live for!
I'm just surprised Wetherspoons have not challenged local lock down rules in Uni city's yet

And after Turkey, sprouts and Xmas, they will somehow seek to blame him for the Brexit deal on Dec 31. Then back to Covid19.

It's gonna be a long winter.

Well it's certainly not to be the winter of their disco tents for the students

Turkey sales will be up overall not down as has been shown here in Canada as Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away. For example, a typical gathering can consist of 3 groups from 3 different households who generally share one turkey, since that isn’t supposed to happen now you have 3 groups purchasing 2 or 3 separate turkeys. At the moment we are combining soybeans for a turkey farmer and had this discussion a day ago, they are just processing them before they get overly large and had the foresight months ago that its easier to sell 2 turkeys for a large gathering if it takes place than lose money on large birds that won’t sell.

Thanksgiving?
Canada, why?
Are you big on the 4th of july also?
It's more of a typical bank holiday here, they don't have parades and shitë like the septics do, more a celebration of the harvest. I hope they don't celebrate July 4th, l've been getting pìssed on the 1st....

ABNredleg

War Hero
Different holiday on a different day.
Thanksgiving?
Canada, why?
Are you big on the 4th of july also?
Canadians have been celebrating Thanksgiving for centuries. Just like the one in the US, it’s basically a harvest festival, but held in October rather than November.

Latest Threads