A "real expert" teaches gun safety

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by stoatman, Mar 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://x3.putfile.com/videos/6608573980.wmv

DEA guy: "This is an unloaded gun... there... this is a glock .40........ I'm the only one in this room that I know of who's professional enough to carry a glock .40. I'm the only BANG"

What a retard. Luckily nobody in the room full of schoolkids got hit.

Watch the video.
  2. The guy should go to jail. What an idiot. :roll:
  3. Excuse me, but who in their right mind would have a weapon, with live ammo in a classroom full of kids? And then use that weapon for a demonstration? I'm not even mentioning the fact that the man obviously shouldn't be carrying a fire arm in the firs place.

And guess what. I've met Americans who have told me that there isn't a guns problem in the states!
  4. All together now:

Safety catch
    Magazine off
    Cock & hook
    7 point check
    Working parts forward
    Aimed dry shot in a safe direction
    Safety catch, change lever, dustcover, sights... :roll:
  5. No, he was police; a 'professional', not what I'd call a serious shooter.
  6. Probably doing the school visit thing to prop up his ego. Dangerous loser.
    I hope he is looking for work now.
  7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I love these self-proclaimed 'experts'.

What a pompous tw@ !
    A very well deserved own goal, but he had to prove he was a 'real man' by continuing his lecture...... :roll:

I notice the class weren't about to let the doris give him the carbine to play with either.
  8. even i a non-police officer etc , knw that before you do a demo, make sure that there is no mag in a weapon, before giving a dry demo.
  9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

They're probably right.
    But there is definitely an education problem - if that bloke had been properly trained and then retained the information taught, the possibility of an ND would have been very unlikely.
    The policeman in the video had a fixation with his image and delusions of adequacy, and consequently should not have been instructing in road safety, let alone anything to do with firearms !
  10. Very well put, Cuts. I believe strongly in the right to bear firearms, but with that right comes great responsibility. The officer in question should be severly punished.
  11. If she'd been doing that half right she would have wasted the prisoner. And her first reaction on the weapon going off? She draws the pistol away and points it behind her.... then decides it's probably better off back in the holster.

If you can't rely on a police officer who handles a weapon EVERY day then it's time to leave.
  12. Note that both clips in the thread involve people NOT KEEPING THEIR EFFING FINGERS OFF THE TRIGGER! Behaviour like that would get you kicked out of an IPSC course or DQ'd from a competition!
  13. Unbelievable.. surely it's just common sense??? :roll:
  14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

What a moronic bint !
    If she's not punished for that there's something seriously wrong with that Department's rules.

However she is, to paraphrase OldAdam, a cop, a 'professional' - not a serious firearms user.