A rash.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Morty, Aug 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How do chaps, anyone help me with this one? I keep getting random and unsightly spots around my belly button, sometimes they can get quite large and painful, and seem to take ages to go. It's quite a hairy area around there, don't know if thats got anything to do with it.

I'm not a scruffy git and I do take care of my health and hygeine, and i'm not affected by this anywhere else on the body, so any ideas? It's buggin me.

PS, it first occured when I...erm...shaved me chest and belly for a beach holiday, about two years ago.
  2. Sounds like ingrowing hair.
  3. Errgh...any way to mag to grid?

PS This isn't a WAH
  4. It's a medical condition known as 'Shame'.

No known cure I'm afraid.
  5. Could be thrush i.e. for being a fanny shaving your chest & belly?
  6. Try wiping up when you've spilt your load you lazy git :p :p

Try Aftershave balm, some how it stops ingrowing hairs but I think you be able to see if it were ingrowing hair. Other than that try savlon for a couple a weeks and see how you go with that or get your arrse down to the MO.
  7. Certainly does sound like ingrown hairs. By shaving you've disturbed the natural root and caused abrasion to the skin itself. It's catch 22 I’m afraid. You shaved, the skin was scrapped, it thickened as new skin grew, the hair couldn't get through, it caused swelling and stretching, and the skin thickened as new skin grew.... And so on.

Few things to do/try. Firstly no scrubbing! You really don't need any more abrasive treatments to the skin surface.

Go to the chemist and ask for a facial exfoliator, a gentle one for delicate skin, on a face cloth in small circular motions GENTLY cover the area. You’re opening the blocked follicles, removing dead skin and softening existing skin.

Once the area is clean and dry have a good look on the skin surface for small black pin head sized marks. These are new hairs, if they're raised, gently lift the skin (which should now be soft) and help them break free.

Ingrown hair can be very painful and, in some cases, require surgery to remove the root.

Hope this helps.

Beebs x

PS Edit to add hope you lot of laughing nasties get them on your bollox or ARRSE :)
  8. Fcuk me, it's Doctor Beebs...
  9. Nope! It's the mother of the hairiest teenager you will ever see! I'm in two minds about feeding him Bob Martins!

Beebs x
  10. Ingrowing hairs (hurrs), get your missus to "dissect" them with a pair of tweezers. Hours of endless fun for her, and you get rid of the spots.

Ex-Mr Slug used to get them on his chin after he had shaved, the joy I used to have pulling out the little scrappy bits of hair and seeing the look on his face was priceless.

(Oh Dr Beebs, are you allergic to MSN?)
  11. A bigger boy stole it and ran away......

Ingrown hairs? I get them on my nips and between my toes. Any offers Awol? :D

Beebs x
  12. You are never going to heaven lady. Give me the teenager, and I will get Rowums to sort your hurrs out.
  13. I don't suck hairs out of people's snatches for less than 2.50 pounds an hour.
  14. You didn't specify currency. I take it you mean 2.50 dirhams? Roughly worth about 7p(ish).

You sell yourself too short mate. I thought I had taught you better. Report to me for further grooming.
  15. Oh no, I'm not going back down yours Dale. Not again. I'm still picking the curlys out of my shite now.