A random question

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by hey-up-cheeky, Dec 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a mate who is a bit of a mongo, he has booked his flights for leave (which were quite expensive). Just to find out 3days later that he is on his class 1 straight after xmas leave. Does any one know a way he can claim his money for his flight back from the army. without messing around through kit insurance.

cheers

2. He has been to the FSA (who is also a bit of a mongo) and he has said there is nothing he can do, so was hoping someone had been in this situation or knows a way of sorting it .

cheers

again

3. Nope, NAFFI/Military Insurance is the only thing I know of that covers this, I'm 99.9% sure he won't get anything back from the MOD.

PTS

4. Yeah Yeah!!

It's you isn't it? Come on fess up!!!!

5. He might be able to get his money back from the people he booked the flights through, using insurance, if he says he can't make the filghts due to the Army sending him somewhere

6. Did he take out travel insurance? If so and more importantly if he can prove that he had no knowledge of his class 1 at time of booking he may be able to claim cancellation/ abandonment charges. This is an extreme long shot depending on the cover provided by his insurance ( if he has any) and his ability to prove that he wasn't informed of the dates until after he booked his flights. In all truth your mate (you?) are probably fuked.

7. if he booked his flights with a credit card it may be covered under the cards insurance.I know if I book travel on my card there is travel insurance included free.

8. Its not me i promise ! lol :roll:

9. That's a bit of a random question!