A quick question...

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Casper88, Jun 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently waiting for my phase 1 date, to join the Army as a CMT. However, as a re-enlister, I was only given one job choice before I went to selection, and after a long debate with myself, I chose CMT over the Signals.

My question is - is it possible to change my one and only choice, back to the Signals before I start phase 1. Or is this now set in stone, due to my re-enlisting status? If so, then how successful are applications to transfer into a new trade, after 5,6,7.. years of serving?

2. Couldnt have been that long of a debate then

3. I don't remember stating the length of time it took me to decide. So I don't see the need for you to post an assumption, to give me some kind of dig.

4. Hi Casper88,

Well done on passing selection.

When did you do your selection?

I'm in the same situation as you i.e. re-enlister. I had a few doubts at first about my trade choice for the RSigs. As far as I'm aware, it is possible to change your mind; however, I think the recruiting office will need to do another 203 for the new cap badge you want to join, which will no doubt delay your enlistment. You could always try asking your recruiting officer, if you're quite serious about it.

Personally, I'm glad I didn't change my job choice, though saying that, there's very little difference between the two I had in mind.

5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Try the ACIO, thats what they're there for after all. And try not being so touchy and sesitive or your time in the Army is likely to be very short.

6. I did selection earlier this month. I found each trade choice has something I want, that the other doesn't. Which is why I found the decision harder. As you said 'there's very little difference between the two'. I know this will be my trade for years to come, and naturally doubts will arise over whether or not I have chosen the right one.