A quick Question

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JonIe, Feb 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I have an appointment booked at the Army careers office next thursday, my question is this..

My fitness levels arent high enough yet, and i have some weight to drop still, is it worth me going or will it reflect badly on me, id like to go and discuss options and the like but i dont want them to look at me and write me off as a pointless visitor.

Thanks guys

2. Been at your local Liesure Centre and spoken to a member of staff?

Seen the diatician at your lacal GP?

Proper food, drink plenty of water and get a good night's sleep!

Try not to exercise alone, its boring and can be dangerous!
  3. Im at the gym 5 times a week, and im eating well, im well on my way, but the army careers office called me regarding my application and offered me a date to go into the office and speak to an advisor.
    I took the date because i really want to sit down and talk about my options, im serious about taking this route in my life and i dont want them to see me as a time waster because im in there with slightly under par physical levels.
  4. They won't see you as a time waster JonIe, they will give you the advise you require from them. Thats what they are there for. You will get all the advise you need for what you want to do. You will then know what is required from you for what you want to do.
    Good Luck
  5. I'm in the same situation. I need to loose 7kgs before I join. I'm running every other day. Bought a set of weights so pumpin them every night. Obviusly eating well is essential.

Good luck!
  6. Thanks all :D

I just still have a way to go with my fitness, and id worried that if i went in there they might look badly on me.
    I will go and find out all the information that i can, maybe they will even have some effective tips on ways to better boost my fitness levels.
  7. I was a pointless visitor.. they don't mind mate it's just a good chat and some advice really.. you can pick up a few leaflets / DVD's too.. and it never hurts to ask (THAT MUCH)
  8. Mine have asked me attend a nunning club every week to gauge fitness anyway. They'll probably get you to do something similar, they'll be able to see you improving with the work youre doing, so theyll know you're getting stronger and not wasting their time.
  9. If it involves getting to finger a woman of god then give me a shout.
  10. Oh sh1t!!

Note to self: proofread
  11. They won't test your fitness at an interview anyway. They will ask you to attend on another day for that. Just wear a suit, be intelligent and emphasise that you are doing all you can to get fit. After all, any waster can get fit enough to pass a fitness course; what they want is the motivation, because that is the thing which makes a good soldier.
  12. Word of advice, muscle weighs more than fat so don't be too suprised if after a couple of months of running and pumpin iron you haven't lost any weight at all!
  13. I just gona say what you've aleady heard here but just look smart (shirt and tie) and show willingness. If it's the same interview i had not too long ago you should have nothing to worry about mate.
    After all they DO want you to join, just as long as you show that you want that too, you'll be fine! :)