A quick note about the work-to-do

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Jul 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Thanks for all the feedback and observations. ARRSE is a truly superb testing platform for that reason - one of the developers for the old software loved it. Any faults? You'll find out within minutes.

So, I know there's lots to do and we would have waited and tested longer, but it was just getting delayed and delayed by other work and I decided to go for it regardless. My biggest concern was server load which so far seems OK-ish.

So, just to keep those interested up to date, these are my priorities:

1 (Solved): A login problem for users with characters at the start of their usernames

2 (Solved): Get rid of double posts
    3 (Solved): Last 50 posts
    3a (Solved) sort error in ordering of 'last 50'
    3b. (Solved) reduce load caused by search
    4 (Solved ): Chat
    4a. Sort 'who's in chat'
    5: Saved PMs not imported (I might just stick the old site online to get around this)
    6 (Solved): Donor ranks, 3RTR, Longdon Bar and any other groups
    7. (Solved) Search updating / front page last posts / blogs
    8 (Maybe solved - the jury's out) DII access problems - partial success. Needs more work.
    9. Colours / contrast / readability
    10. White theme
    11. Missing smilies
    12. Forum and thread titles in front page recent posts

Also solved:

- 24 hour clock
    - Suspended / deleted users should now be correct

As for the colours... they always get complained about no matter what we do peolpe will complain so that's low prioirty. People hated the last changes, and the ones before that... etc.. etc..

A white theme wiill come eventually once we're up and running.
  2. Can you also put the 'view my posts' search back, useful for keeping up to date in threads I have participated in. Thanks.
  3. Whats happened is there a link I can follow for information?
  4. Is there any way to make the page fit my screen?
  5. Thanks for the update GCO.
    Would it be possible to have the "Quick links" button with the "Subscribed threads" thing etc on the "What's new" page rather than having to go into a thread or the Forum page before it appears?
  6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

You'll need to give me more information that this. What are you using? A smart-phone? Can you send a screenshot?
  7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Also too vague. Have you tried the FAQ? Link in top right. If that doesn't help you'll need to be more precise in what you want to know.
  8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Probably. I'll go through all these 'can we' / 'it's ****' threads after we've done the big jobs.
  9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Re 'My Posts'

Menu on the top right, 'My profile'. On the left are two links 'posts started' and 'all posts' or similar. At the moment they don't update as I have to work on the search system as I noted above. Does that sort out your problem?
  10. GCO been off line for a couple of days so today was a big surprise just like Christmas, nice update it will take a while to get back into the swing, I have to login every time I pop out and in is that normal or just me? Good luck with the work
  11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Glad you like it. Tick the 'remember me' box next time you log in.
  12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I'm in the mood for changes at the moment. So while I certainly didn't hate the old version of the forum I'm liking this new shiny improved offering.
  13. Good CO

I'll have to e-mail it to you. I am using my own PC.
  14. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

A rather odd one. Is anyone else having Issues using Arrse with DII(F) since the upgrade? I can log in at home no problem. Try to log in at work and get the "Wrong password, maximum number of incorrect logins reached, please wait 15 minutes" error message. I'm tried several times, typing veeerrrrrrrry slowly to ensure I wasn't making a typo. No joy. Got home, logged straight in.

15. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I had that twice on first login; third time lucky.