A question or 2 about ATs

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Mr_Nomad, Jan 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've read around the forum a bit and I'm confused as to why people say becoming an AT will destroy your lovelife or marriage?

Also, I was wondering why they are thought to be so stuck up?

Thanks in advance for anyone who cares to answer! 8)
  2. We are not stuck up you lowlife piece of sh1t :twisted:
  3. I'm asking why it's presumed because I want to join up as an AT...
  4. You don't do sarcasm do you?

Stuck up - lowlife piece of........

Oh forget it :(
  5. 'Course i do sarcasm, I'm just awfully confused about the issue in hand! :D
  6. Wah shield up

If you keep it in your hand you'll go blind (well that's what the Christian Brothers at my school used to tell us - perhaps that's why they used to offer to hold it for us???)

EOD - according to the OED;Every One's Divorced (Although some of us are the exception to the rule 24 years with the same woman means I can't afford to get divorced :roll: )

Wah shield down
  7. So did you like it being held for you then, Best not let jarrod see this ! :wink:
  8. You clearly have no marriage or lovelife so don't worry about it.

You may be disappointed to find there are no ATs in the Cadet Forces though (apart from one rather rough old one who will be happy to take you camping).
  9. I'm not an ATO/AT but have been around them off and on for 20+ years so have some observations as to why their home lives are challenging (however many of these factors may apply across the Army):

- Op tour frequency for HT operators
    - The pressures of diffusing stuff etc may lead to stress that manifests in unreasonable behaviour (from the frau's perspective anyway)
    - They're generally a bunch of pissheads
    - The quarters in Kineton and Didcot are sh1te
    - To pass the cse you've got to be a bit of a geek
    - Equally to pass all the HT stuff there has to be a bit of arrogance plus the stress and shared extreme experiences can also often give that impression

Merely my observations (some serious, some not so) that I'm sure will be refuted or embellished etc in quick order.

God rest the latest bomb doctor to leave us. I fear that sadly he won't be the last. Condolences to his family and friends.
  10. Right, I'm not in the Cadets anyway, also I do have a lovelife, so to speak.

I was simply wondering about these things I'd heard.

I am a bit of a geek :)

Thanks for all the answers guys! I think I'll stick around!
  11. Left or Right handed?
  12. I'm 17 and I'm in a relationship, I know people will abuse the fact because I'm obviously going to be stereotyped into being too immature to hold a real relationship at my age.

But right-handed during the week-of-hell.
  13. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Your powers of observation are truly superb.

Indeed I agree and will add that people think ATs are stuck up because they can afford to buy champagne rather than beer.

14. Thanks alot General :salut: I appreciate all of this feedback fellas.

15. Err - don't think the good General was talking to you Mr_Gonads