A question on ARRSE etiquette.

Does just quoting a previous post without adding value yourself make you a Mlaaring Panhead?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
Right,

I have read PTPs valid points about the Current Affairs section and agreed with (as well as resisting the the tempation to say "What he said"), and I am the first to admit that I am not quite so much of a computer ninja as perhaps I should.

This is also in the NAAFI for all the reasons PTP pointed out.

But - a few question if I may:

What do people mean by simply quoting someone's post without adding any value themselves? This is surely just lazy and unimaginiative - or may I missing something here............

mysteron said:
Right,

I have read PTPs valid points about the Current Affairs section and agreed with (as well as resisting the the tempation to say "What he said"), and I am the first to admit that I am not quite so much of a computer ninja as perhaps I should.

What do people mean by simply quoting someone's post without adding any value themselves? This is surely just lazy and unimaginiative - or may I missing something here............
You mean like this :D :D :twisted:

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
mysteron said:
Right,

What he said.

Sorry ;)

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Wishful_Thinking said:
mysteron said:
Right,

:?
You mean like this :D :D :twisted:

mysteron said:
W_T and Sixty, you both are Mlaaring Panheads!!!! :D
Sorry Mysteron,

It's Friday afternoon and all that. Couldn't resist it. :D

I do believe that's the first time I've been called a Mlaaring Panhead. I feel quite proud of myself now! :D

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
mysteron said:
W_T and Sixty, you both are Mlaaring Panheads!!!! :D
Well what did you expect in the NAAFI?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
More seriously, it is a very valid point. The NAAFI mods in particular are never slow in culling threads that are just endless pages of one line replies precisely because it is dull and lazy.

I suspect it's mainly a combination of the posters being rather dull and that they like to see their post count rise for some reason.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sixty said:
More seriously, it is a very valid point. The NAAFI mods in particular are never slow in culling threads that are just endless pages of one line replies precisely because it is dull and lazy.

I suspect it's mainly a combination of the posters being rather dull and they like to see their post count rise.
Snap.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Ooops, I just voted a no! So, what you all said, but I think I'm probably a mllaaaring panhead too then. PMSL, LOL, ROFLMAO, GIBBER, DROOL.

Sixty said:

I suspect it's mainly a combination of the posters being rather dull and that they like to see their post count rise for some reason.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Duh!

Latest Threads