• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

A question on ARRSE etiquette.

Does just quoting a previous post without adding value yourself make you a Mlaaring Panhead?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
Right,

I have read PTPs valid points about the Current Affairs section and agreed with (as well as resisting the the tempation to say "What he said"), and I am the first to admit that I am not quite so much of a computer ninja as perhaps I should.

This is also in the NAAFI for all the reasons PTP pointed out.

But - a few question if I may:

What do people mean by simply quoting someone's post without adding any value themselves? This is surely just lazy and unimaginiative - or may I missing something here............

mysteron said:
Right,

I have read PTPs valid points about the Current Affairs section and agreed with (as well as resisting the the tempation to say "What he said"), and I am the first to admit that I am not quite so much of a computer ninja as perhaps I should.

What do people mean by simply quoting someone's post without adding any value themselves? This is surely just lazy and unimaginiative - or may I missing something here............
You mean like this :D :D :twisted:

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
mysteron said:
Right,

What he said.

Sorry ;)

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
Wishful_Thinking said:
mysteron said:
Right,

:?
You mean like this :D :D :twisted:

mysteron said:
W_T and Sixty, you both are Mlaaring Panheads!!!! :D
Sorry Mysteron,

It's Friday afternoon and all that. Couldn't resist it. :D

I do believe that's the first time I've been called a Mlaaring Panhead. I feel quite proud of myself now! :D

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
More seriously, it is a very valid point. The NAAFI mods in particular are never slow in culling threads that are just endless pages of one line replies precisely because it is dull and lazy.

I suspect it's mainly a combination of the posters being rather dull and that they like to see their post count rise for some reason.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sixty said:
More seriously, it is a very valid point. The NAAFI mods in particular are never slow in culling threads that are just endless pages of one line replies precisely because it is dull and lazy.

I suspect it's mainly a combination of the posters being rather dull and they like to see their post count rise.
Snap.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Ooops, I just voted a no! So, what you all said, but I think I'm probably a mllaaaring panhead too then. PMSL, LOL, ROFLMAO, GIBBER, DROOL.

Sixty said:

I suspect it's mainly a combination of the posters being rather dull and that they like to see their post count rise for some reason.

Latest Threads