A question for the computer nerds

Blogg

LE
That is a really dismal spec for a relatively new machine.

Upgrade to 8GB, preferably16 GB, of memory

Replace the hard drive with an SSD, which is easy if you get one of the SSD conversion kits: clones your existing HDD onto the new SSD via USB. Then just swap, Get a cheapo case to use the old HDD as an external drive.

All in ones are laptops on a stick with the display in the same case as the guts That ups the heatload and often the fans are not up to much.

When you do all that blow the dust & crap out and good idea to do so every few months.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

endure

GCM

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Most people rarely need to spend more that £500 on a laptop. Run it for three or four years until Windows has finally clagged it up with updates then either wipe and re-install and/or give it to a relative and buy another one.

You don't need 32 threads to watch pr0n or cat videos on YouTube.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Put amazon.co.uk/ in front of the rest of it. Arrse seems to mangle amazon links...
If you want to post an Amazon link (I think: I may be wrong), select Insert Media from ...v link above, it lists Amazon as valid media, and it'll sort the mangling.

From my experience, the antivirus usually slows down the PC. It is no a recommendation to remove it, but maybe try some cleaning apps, it may slightly improve your performance