Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A question for gardeners.

Her indoors has an indoor pot plant, " Dwarf narcissus" seven stalks have grown, and have flowered, and one stem has two flower heads, they resemble miniature yellow daffodils something i have never seen before, can any of you horticulturists out there tell me if this is normal, or are we the proud owners of a one off? MOD's please move if this is in the wrong thread, i could not think where else to place it.

Her indoors has an indoor pot plant, " Dwarf narcissus" seven stalks have grown, and have flowered, and one stem has two flower heads, they resemble miniature yellow daffodils something i have never seen before, can any of you horticulturists out there tell me if this is normal, or are we the proud owners of a one off? MOD's please move if this is in the wrong thread, i could not think where else to place it.
It's a triffid. RUN!
Do you have a MiL?

Easter’s coming, say it with flowers

Usually house plants flower when they've been neglected.

Usually house plants flower when they've been neglected.

How so.
neglected implies without water, and left to rot.
Not ours, watered and tended when required, as are our 10 potted Amaryllis which will be starting to sprout very soon, as they have been doing for the past 8 years or so. We even have a pot of chrysanthemum which bloomed just before Christmas, and its only in the last few days that the heads are starting to fall off. A pot of last years pansy's are still in full bloom, potted i an old chimney pot in the garden, and the multi coloured heather are still alive and thriving in their garden pot.

How so.
neglected implies without water, and left to rot.
Not ours, watered and tended when required, as are our 10 potted Amaryllis which will be starting to sprout very soon, as they have been doing for the past 8 years or so. We even have a pot of chrysanthemum which bloomed just before Christmas, and its only in the last few days that the heads are starting to fall off. A pot of last years pansy's are still in full bloom, potted i an old chimney pot in the garden, and the multi coloured heather are still alive and thriving in their garden pot.
I think over watering can also lead to a house plant flowering.

anglo

LE
Are the stems thicker than normal? Because it might be that two stems have fused together
and thus have two flowers.

Are the stems thicker than normal? Because it might be that two stems have fused together
and thus have two flowers.
same as all the other six or so, single stems.From dormant to full flower in about 3 weeks. on the kitchen window ledge, along with some pepper plants grown from seed, planted in July last, and still alive and thriving.

In the same way feeding children can lead them to getting bigger. Why do i think you are trying to wind me up?
They are delicate creatures house plants. I had a mother in laws tongue that flowered a few years ago and the reason was it was neglected. All it had to do was ask for some water I'd have give it some but instead decided to suffer in silence, its own fault if you ask me.

Sorry to burst your bubble, there are various types of Narcissus and multi headed are not unusual, have a shufti at this.

Latest Threads