A question about the current field telephones.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by flyingmonkey, Oct 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon all,

I am one of the founder members of a current ongoing archeological project on the Somme in France where we are studying a major British and French WW1 tunnel system. Website linky:

La Boisselle Study Group | La Boisselle Study Group

We have in the last few weeks gained access to a large section of lateral and offensive galleries, 80 feet deep, dug by RE Tunnellers in 1915/16. The tunnells are in an amazing state of preservation but we have strict safety guidelines when at depth for when we want to explore the system. Up until now during exploration no one has been aloowed out of line of sight. Our group has a lot of support from various serving soldiers RE and RLC and so far we have been loaned a number of field telephones for use during our phase of excavations.

Can you use the current army field telephone in series with more than 2? So far we have only used 2 (Surface to shaft chamber). If not, is there an operators board that more than one can be run off?

Any hints or advice would be welcome.

Many thanks

FM

2. Check PMs

3. Pm sent

4. I'm sure I was introduced to one years ago - but it was many years ago. Try asking in the bleeps subforum, they're sure to know

5. Fm I spoke about this with Simon and have already answered this for him, it wasvmy intention to get some more phones for next year and sort this out for you both.

6. TBF,

Much appreciated mate.

FM

7. BTW.

I have sourced additional phones, for keeps, so pm me exact needs and leave me to it bud.