A question about plant operator mechanic trade

GusC223

Swinger
Been having a search and can’t seem to find much advise on it, but quite like the look of the plant operator mechanic trade and feel it might be a better path for me than the current trade I’ve chosen (building and structural finisher). However the main reason I chose the RE is because I wanted to do combat engineering and I’ve read somewhere that as a ‘planty’ you won’t get to do any, is this true?

Been having a search and can’t seem to find much advise on it, but quite like the look of the plant operator mechanic trade and feel it might be a better path for me than the current trade I’ve chosen (building and structural finisher). However the main reason I chose the RE is because I wanted to do combat engineering and I’ve read somewhere that as a ‘planty’ you won’t get to do any, is this true?
Massively out of date advice here but you’ll tend to be in ‘plant troops’ in field squadrons, so fairly involved in the same work. If you’re pretty slack on personal hygiene you’ll fit right in with the other POMs :)

Massively out of date advice here but you’ll tend to be in ‘plant troops’ in field squadrons, so fairly involved in the same work. If you’re pretty slack on personal hygiene you’ll fit right in with the other POMs :)
How very dare you sirrah, Eau de diesel is a very fine fragrance

chimera

LE
Read the two "Everything You Wanted to Know" threads in the sticky section of the Sapper Forum.

Latest Threads