A Question About Height

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by UK all Day, Mar 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys, i'm new to this here forum so forgive me if this is a duplicate question, but i had a search around and i couldn't find an answer so i was just wondering:

I'm hoping like so many other people, to join the Paras but i heard from a credible source that you have to be under 6'3, because otherwise there's a jumping issue when parachuting from a Hercules or whatever, (now i realise there are probably several Paras who look over 6'3 but are officially only 6'2.5 if you get my drift), but does anyone know whether this rule (if it is around) is strictly enforced and whether a guy like me who's the best part of 6'5 going to have any trouble with his application form because when i'm wearing combat boots i'm at least 6'6 and i can't really rely on the suspension of disbelief to explain to people that i'm really only 6'2?

Many thanks in advance
  2. That's a fallacy, don't worry about it. But, have you considered becoming a Guardsman? You can always join the Guards Pathfinders, they're the ones who stop 1, 2 and 3 PARA getting lost.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Cheers guys that's most reassuring, i just didn't want to turn up at some Pre-para course or whatever having spent the last 2 years perfecting my 1.5 miler to sub 8 mins only to be turned away at the door because of my giraffe like frame. This did happen to me when i tried to go gliding because apparently the vigilant has a restriction of 6'0 which is about the same height as my next door neighbour's dog for christ's sake! But this has put my mind to rest thanks.

I hadn't actually but i'm not dead set on anything at the moment other than the infantry so yeah i'll look into it, thanks
  4. Is that on 'fours' or hind legs when he's sha**ing you leg..??
  5. I'll but dibs on sha**ing his leg.. Stop feeding that dog grow seeds too, its not healthy.
  6. Yeah but leg sha**ing be the only action i'm getting these days what with my all boys school being a sausage fest and all :pale: