A Public Servant That refuses a Pay Rise?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Brick, Jul 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now granted he's already on £290,000 a year and saved up a nice little pension pot but turning down an extra £100,000 on point of principal because of the economic situation and having recently called for restraint in pay increases? Certainly puts those grasping bastards in the House of Commons to shame.
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Aye - and he works for his too. I wouldn't want his job, not with Brown and Darling on his back for faults not of his making.
  3. Erm, don't want to be picky but he still got 2.5%, around the same as me actually.
  4. Nice one Merv'. These people circle in higher echelons than God himself! They say jump, we say how high. They say pay, we say how much. Anyone who can say no to £100k is clever enough to know that this gesture is a double edger. Turn down £100k today and off the back of it sign a book deal worth 20 times that tomorrow. Come on guys, you fall for it every time.
  5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

yep and I bet a pount to a pinch of sh1t that they don't apply the Life Time Allowance to his pension fund when he retires!
  6. What is Life Time Allowance, Biscuits? :)
  7. As stated above, i'd like to know the full details of the deal, if he turns down this payrise at this time then what is he getting?

And isn't it just perfect timing, this 100k rise he should get is at the exact time the government and the BoE are stating that the public and private sectors shouldn't give above inflation payrises.
  8. I would imagine the sort of bloke who can turn down a £100k pay rise must be on a sh!t load of money anyway.
  9. What 298k a year? :twisted:

10. Irrespective of his salary, he is still trying to set an example - unlike our glorious MPs.
  11. Someone with principles in a position of power? What the world is coming to?