A (prospective) Commonwealth Officer

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by rdeous, Mar 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a post-grad from Oxbridge in IR (not that it helps)...I am looking for a dig at Sandhurst. The stumbling block is my nationality (Indian) and the fact that I have been a resident here for just over eight months. Are there any commonwealth officers here who have gone in for the commission before the 3 year residency requirement? I am also worried about the security vetting procedure, because I can just about see the Overseas Recruitment Cell tearing their hair out when they get down to deal with the Indian red-tape.

cheers

2. Call OSEAs Cell and ask them.

The residency requirements differ depending on what country you came from. IIRC, the issue is whether or not meaningful security checks can be made. You might have to get a letter from the Indian police saying that you have no criminal convictions. I doubt they will be tearing their hair out because most of the running about will be done by you?

Best ask OSEAS cell.

Try this number: +44 1980 61 8145 if calling from overseas, or 0198 0618145 if calling from England.

3. Thanks for the info. I have already sent them an enquiry form duly filled in...

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

You're a post-grad and have been here for 8 months. Does this mean that you're still doing your MA/MSc/MPhil/Phd? I'd concentrate on finishing that, and then getting an commissiion.

Having said that, I'm sure that the new "all singing all - dancing points system" will come to your aid 8O

I wish you the best of luck in getting to the Factory.

5. Why don't you just call? The army isn't particularly stellar at paperwork.