A Potentially Significant Judgement?

But this does not mean everyone will be put back on the old schemes: there was widespread agreement across the political spectrum that the public sector pensions in their previous form were unaffordable; and of course there are two ways of achieving equality – it can be achieved by cuts as well as increases
That's a very interesting suggestion. Do you think this applies to those of us already in receipt of a pension or those currently serving who are still on the 75 scheme?

I foresee war pensions being cut in the future, probably by means of requiring re-assessment on existent medical conditions and goalposts being moved.

I foresee war pensions being cut in the future, probably by means of requiring re-assessment on existent medical conditions and goalposts being moved.
They can go forth and multiply, I've been out twelve years and still limp like a *. The only bonus is that my knee tells me when the weather is getting cold.

* - Vulgar term for a part of the female anatomy.

They can go forth and multiply, I've been out twelve years and still limp like a *. The only bonus is that my knee tells me when the weather is getting cold.

* - Vulgar term for a part of the female anatomy.
There are no implications for those who left before 1 April 2015. It is what happened on that date that is the issue.

That's a very interesting suggestion. Do you think this applies to those of us already in receipt of a pension or those currently serving who are still on the 75 scheme?
As mentioned above, those who left before the magic date are not implicated in this. It is the treatment who those who remained in service. We will report back when there is something to tell

Cheers for the update and continuing to fight for us all!

Purple_Flash

ADC
As mentioned above, those who left before the magic date are not implicated in this. It is the treatment who those who remained in service. We will report back when there is something to tell
Having missed the magic date by a few weeks, I would be very happy to see the forcible transfer to the new scheme challenged.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Forwarded this to my union they replied saying it’s at the stage of the government is disappointed with the decision. Well maybe if the unions had a spine they’d have prevented it happening in the first place. No pay rises oh well, nick our pensions oh that is a shame. Wish I was a train driver.

Forwarded this to my union they replied saying it’s at the stage of the government is disappointed with the decision. Well maybe if the unions had a spine they’d have prevented it happening in the first place. No pay rises oh well, nick our pensions oh that is a shame. Wish I was a train driver.
Private pensions for companies are getting the old schemes closed down too along with contract changes for new starters. The pension change does not affect me as I am on the contribution scheme already and I joined before the new contract. The way they tried to sell the new scheme to people was a bit naughty though.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Private pensions for companies are getting the old schemes closed down too along with contract changes for new starters. The pension change does not affect me as I am on the contribution scheme already and I joined before the new contract. The way they tried to sell the new scheme to people was a bit naughty though.
How much did Brown take out of those pensions though? A proper Robin Hood taking from the poor and the rich. I expect he’s alright financially.

Latest Threads