A possible PARA walter m...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Dread, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could anyone let me know if this guy is legit or not? The dodgy part is in 'Para'graph 9.

If legit I will buy him a beer when I am back in Budapest next week and catch up on old times (he is not that much older than me). If a walt I will be able to post photos of his broken kneecaps and nose :)

healthy hippy walt candidate or Sky-God?

For those unable to follow the link:
    Roger Allen is the CEO of Holistic Life Kft. and is focused on leading the company's expansion within the spa and wellness industry.

Roger is presently seen as one of the leading spa business consultants in the CEE region and brings a global spa experience to the local Hungarian market.

British born, Roger has spent over 14-years working in senior positions in the leisure industry that has seen him take posts from in Europe to the US and all across Asia. Roger regularly contributes many educational articles to leading professional leisure publications and speaks often at health and wellness conferences.

1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
    I arrived in Budapest in November of 1998. My reasons for Hungary being a destination? Well, would I be the first Xpat to be influenced by an attractive young lady?

2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
    Yes, I have been very fortunate to have worked in many countries including many places in Asia (Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand) and the US.

3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
    I was very surprised by the wine and food, it really is very good.

4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
    St. Stephen's Basilica, Castle District, Parliament, see the Chain Bridge at night, try traditional crispy duck and or goose liver with Hungarian wine. And your visit to Budapest should not be complete without a visit Levendula Day Spa!

5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
    Fish Soup!

6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
    Good bottle of White wine.

7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
    Igen, because it was one of the first words I learned.

8. What do you miss most from home?
    Well, home is really where ever I lay my hat as it has been a while since I left my home in the UK. But if there is something I really miss that I can't get in Hungary - Ben & Jerry's Fish Food ice cream, wow this stuff is really something else.

9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
    Well, I served in the Parachute Regiment before a knee injury brought my career to an abrupt end and so if I could do my time again I'd love to do return to the Para's and see how far I could advance in the special forces.

10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
    Any laborious 9-5 manufacturing job. No way!

11. Where did you spend your last vacation?

12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?

13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
    Band - UB40
    Film - Any Peter Sellers movie
    Hobby - Swimming

14. What can't you resist?

15. Red wine or white?
    Red - A fine bottle of Monarchia Wines Nimrod III

16. Book or movie?

17. Morning person or night person?

18. Dog person or cat person?

19. Buda or Pest side?

20. What would you say is your personal motto?
    To be always be positive, attitude determines altitude and "never, never, never give in"

Edited to add: even if he is a walt, he has great taste in wine, but cr@p in food!
  2. Surely anyone who had spent time in uniform would know how to make a fcuking Windsor knot and not look like such a stack of shite.
  3. Thanks. Giving it a go.
  4. I can't! But then I'm a scruffy herbert.
  5. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Are we supposed to jump upon every single person who has indicated previous military experience on the internet, and pronounce them all as Walts? This guy has made a one-line statement, indicating that he served, left through injury, but would like (in an ideal world) to return.

I'd take him at face value, personally. He hasn't claimed Princes Gate balcony rights, just mentioned what he did and wished it had turned out different.

I also suspect a lot of the Walt-bashers on here haven't even served themselves, and are the worst kind of Walt - a Walt who accuses others of Walting.
  6. i think you will find the biggest gobshites on here have if the truth be known never actually got round to joining up yet, surely there is a case for a veified member status who has proved that he has actually been or is in the forces, its a walts heaven at present with walts falling over themselves to prove credibility by outing other walts or often genuine guys who they see as walts all very sad really
  7. As former Foreman Artificer Major of Horse (Retd) of 49 Para, I'd check his bona fides.
  8. Fair comment Fugly, unlike the oxygen stealer Auxie. I am asking if anyone knows if he is genuine or not, I am not screaming "WALT!". Yet.

However what got my spider senses tingling was that his sentence seemed to indicate that he viewed the Parachute Regiment as Special Forces, which they are not (I served with 4PARA(V) for 4 years before commissioning into the Gunners (regular army)). I stand by to be corrected on the current status of 1PARA, but when I last served none of the PARA battalions came under the command of DSF.

I have met many a walt to claimed to be ex-PARA or SAS, SBS etc who only left the forces because of injury and using it as an excuse as to why they cannot walk from their office to the car park without raising a sweat.
  9. He states he'd love to return to the Paras and advance his career. He doesn't say he was special forces. For posting all his details on this website, I'd laugh my tits off if you damage his reputation, business and career Dread, and he sues your butt for loss of earnings :D !
  10. I can't see a problem with this.

Assuming he was a Para at some point he's not making any claims of greatness so what's the problem?
  11. I cant see anything wrong with this statement either, unless there is more of the interview stating he had done other things. I think Auxie as talked loads of sh*te so far but have to agree somewhat with that last post. At the moment there seems to be a lot of ex serving, wanna serve people out there wanting to out walts who probably havent the right to do so. Do these people validate who they are, most of the time they are just there trying to say someone is a walt (even though the supposed walt is still serving :? and they are not) One bloke on another thread is being called a walt for going airsofting whilst on R&R from Iraq by people who arent currently serving or have never served.

Im not having a go at Dread here but feel that this Walting accusation thing needs to be viewed a bit better and if neccessary can be validated by MODS for both the accused and the accusers.
  12. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion of course and many of my views may be out of step with a lot on here ,however one thing i have done is 12 years in the forces, which im sure the mods could validate, so how about forum members actually supplying the required info on joining to prove service, and annotating your avtar to indicate this, so in my case i may be a ignorant gobshite but at least i have some right to spout off that shite having served, as opposed to id say half the ******* on here who spout off the right phrases, fcuk and blind at every opportunity to prove they really are "well ard" squaddies but in actual fact live at home with mum and work in the local co op, and wouldnt know the difference between a firing pin and a drawing pin
  13. I´m with you on this Fugly

Any ex-squaddy on this website who hasn't extended their Army/RAF/Navy war stories, just a "little bit?
    I think we are ALL a bit of a Walt "after enough beers, that is.
    There again I might just be wrong...
  14. "He hasn't claimed Princes Gate balcony rights"

Thats a classic!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.