A possible opportunity to replenish the Officer Corps

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Oct 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Seeing as 1) we have a massive shortage of Young Officers in the TA and 2) there is still funding for certain elements of training, is now the time to be sending the keener and younger members off to the Bde OTW?

2. The idea did strike me but does it not go against the spirit of things at the moment?
  3. msr

msr LE

Against which spirit? We desperately need Offrs, we have a number of people who would make the grade and they would be grateful for a few sovs?

Seems to me everyone is a winner.

4. msr

msr LE

Not necessarily. Speak to your OC if you are interested as they can make exemptions.

5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Bugger the spirit, Brown and his cronies have broken the spirit of the covenant and of our contracts with them: Wouldn't it be nice if we could take ZaNU Labour's rules apply them to the letter and actually end up spending more money than they are designed to save. Then take the bill to that dullard Brown and poke his other eye out with it.
  6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

You really are struggling with the whole budget management and application of control totals piece, aren't you?

At the first sign of these budget control measures failing to achieve what they need to achieve, more cutbacks will be imposed to bring things back on track.

What would you like cut (out of what little remains) to make up for your idea?

Recruit training or PDT for those due to put themselves into the firing line next?
  7. The last thing we need is people being ruperts for the money. We've enough doughnuts as it is!
  8. I would love the opportunity but at 45 some would say I am over the hill, however I would like to be one of the instructors, It would be good for the long term to have a good supply of trained and qualified young officers for the long term goals.
  9. To add;

DIN 2009DIN01-165: Selection Regulations – Army Officer Selection Board - states that Serving Soldiers (inc TA less OTC) provided they meet the GCSE criteria will be assessed by the Army School of Education for main board attempts.

And for your Brief a Soldier entrant only needs the GCSE quals according to TA Regs.
  10. And what does it say about the upper age limit
  11. msr

msr LE

8. Age:

a. Applicants must be no younger than 18 years when attending the Main Board and normally no older than 28 years and 6 months in order to allow attendance at RMAS (Regular CC) before their 29th birthday.

b. Applicants for TA DE Commissions must be over both 18 and under 35 years on completion of TACC.

c. Applicants for all other Boards must meet the criteria laid down in the relevant Chapter in ACRs 2009.
  12. So much for the diversity and equality policies, lol.
  13. I was led to believe last night that all Officer training had been binned. I'm 49 Brigade if that's of any consequence...?

As this is something I'm really wanting to crack on with any info on this would be brilliant.

Cheers. :)
  14. msr

msr LE

Never mind your PSI, speak to your OC :)
  15. I expressed an interest when I joined but no one at my unit seems to give a stuff (they're all worried about losing thier own jobs).

As a result, after 6 months I haven't even had an initial interview.

Are the educational requirements rigid? I was a bit of a lazy git at school but made up for it in my career!

I got GCSE's but stuffed up English. I could always take that again though.