Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

A possible money raising idea for the RBL

Sixty

ADC
Bear with me on this. Do you remember last year when the COs changed everyones' medal block to include a poppy at this time of year? How about making it optional?

For example, you donate a quid (or however much) via the site and put 'RBL' in the message field on PAYPAL and you get a poppy as one of your medals for a week or two.

I don't know how much of a pain this would be for the COs to set up however. Good idea in principle? Could hopefully raise a bit of cash if it's feasible.

In essence this is a great idea that has two major faults:

1. Paypal take approx 25p for every £1 donation. That just upsets me when it is for charity! Having said that, it would mean that the RBL still gets 75p so is not a totally bad idea.

2. Medals would have to be changed individually by GCO and myself. This takes approx 20-30 secs for each one. Given the likely scale of the donations we would be getting (say 500?) then that adds up to a lot of time. Unfortunately we are both really, really busy at the moment and we can't commit that much effort - even though we'd love to raise more money for the RBL.

On the positive side we will be changing both the site theme and medals again this year as a mark of respect.