A possible attempt to hack my ARRSE account

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Goku, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have reason to suspect that someone has attempted to reset my ARRSE account password, and thus take control of my account.

You are a fool.

Requesting a password reset does not actually reset my password, it does however provide me with your IP address :twisted:

I have my suspicions on who you are.
    Do one.
  2. Would the owner or owners of the following IP addresses please fcuk off…
  3. hmmmm, maybe you should google and use a program called neo trace to find out their address and phone number.
  4. Goku,

i also received the email telling me to reset my password at about 0120 this morning.

It was from IP address as well.

5. The first one is Stoke-on Trent, the second is London.
  6. No phone numbers?
  7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Both IP addresses use the same ISP, Goku. Suggest this implies it may be the same person or persons?
  8. Frankie, I know of another ARRSEr who has received a password reset request from the same IP address.

The 3 of us have recently made donations to ARRSE, I suspect we’re being targeted because we’re on the donations list.
  9. Cheers Sixtyfootdoll, I found the same details.
  10. So, what do we do? Ignore the message? Change the password? Run for the hills wearing tinfoil hats?

(Am I getting paranoid because I too have recently donated?)
  11. Definitely the tinfoil hats option... If in doubt go for the tinfoil.
  12. Check your PMs Goku.
  13. I wouldn’t get too excited, no one can change your password without access to your email account.

They’re just a net pest.

GCO knows about it and told me to ignore them.

If you receive a similar attack then post it up here so there’s a record of what’s happening.
  14. Right I’ve just recived another attack from

This one is American
  15. It's the Iranians, I swear it. By forcing donators off the site they aim to crush British Army moral!!!! UN resolution anyone?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.