A PM with common sense!

Now why is it common sense like that just doesnt happen here? Bloody namby pambies, throw in the sun see and lobster and our ex-cons got a good deal, even compared to the ones these days :wink:

If you ever have the misfortune to be stranded in Darwin, as these blokes obviously are , being stationed there, you'll understand why they get pissed.

What needs to stop is the putting of these videos on the internet, there are too many lefty poofs who will use anything to cause trouble for squaddies.

Was Hitler a git? Some people got on really well with him. A mass murdering genocidal criminal certainly, but a git?

Maybe, as an ex-lancejack, he would have had some great skiffing tales to tell over a pint at the Wolf's Lair.

Dread said:
Was Hitler a git? Some people got on really well with him. A mass murdering genocidal criminal certainly, but a git?

Maybe, as an ex-lancejack, he would have had some great skiffing tales to tell over a pint at the Wolf's Lair.
Teetotal, innit, and a vegetarian to boot. Git.

Fair enough. Total git. Had good ideas about how to treat gypsies though :)

(not too happy about how he treated the Masons though).

Back on thread however. Even if PM Howard is a git, at least he doesn't get all PC and overworked over a trivial occurence that is 3 years old.

If it was our lot they would probably say something along the lines of:

What is wrong with letting off steam with a good rousing game of scrabble or monopoly? Our soldiers take things too far sometimes and we will get to the bottom of it and totally fcuk them over and make sure that we ban sqn bars and the such so that we can try limit the chances of anything like this happening in the future.

Oh wait they already done that....!

craftsmanx said:
If you ever have the misfortune to be stranded in Darwin, as these blokes obviously are , being stationed there, you'll understand why they get pissed.
Spent a stopover there on the way to NZ in 1971. Less than 24 hours but I soon realised why the Aussies told us "It's not the arrsehole of the world ... but you can smell it from there!!!"

NOT a place to be posted for any length of time!!!!

Ozduke said:
Uncle John, once again not afraid to stick up for his boys - even on the eve of a general election!

"I have some understanding of the disposition of people in these situations to let off a bit of steam," Mr Howard said.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22194481-31477,00.html
Yeah, I think you'll find the opinion amongst the forces isn't too high, because of the Government's savage rhetorical beating of anyone who pulls their troops out of Iraq, when at the same time they won't let our guys (under 1k inside the country) actually do anything. It's insulting really.
At least thats the impression I've been given by the guys who I know that have been in uniform.
Still, runs the economy well enough.

Dread said:
Fair enough. Total git. Had good ideas about how to treat gypsies though :)

(not too happy about how he treated the Masons though).

Back on thread however. Even if PM Howard is a git, at least he doesn't get all PC and overworked over a trivial occurence that is 3 years old.
i have to agree with you there brother dread.

You need to understand the Australian mentality towards Defence policy to appreciate the difficulties the government has putting blokes in harms way. As frustrating as it is for those in green, many people here believe too many Australians have been killed fighting other people's wars - it's called a Defence Force for a reason, and the political backlash for uncle John if and when someone carcs it will be immense, particularly with Kevin "Blair" Rudd breathing down his neck.

And excuse me, but why is this now in the NAFFI Bar? This is serious political discussion - unless hijacked by some moron who is intent on defining the word "git".