A Pharoahs farewell

Kirkz

LE
Don't want to take anything with me but I would like a hatch where the skip company and keep depositing junk for me to scavenge through.
Should keep me going for eternity and plenty of time to find other uses for the broken stuff.

The world that I 'belong to' is fading and disappearing. I miss it, and don't especially like our current world.

When I was young, death was a possibility. Now it's an inevitability. I think we do eventually say something like 'Fcuk this. I can neither understand nor enjoy this anymore' it may be that an aspect of self declines alongside the physical body.

I have a nasty feeling that reincarnation - not eternal life - follows death. Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Isn't this jolly?

Not sure having my brain removed with an iron hook through my nostrils is very appealing. Nor is being cut open, abdomen removed and the cavity stuffed with herbs and rare earth powders, whilst my guts are kept in pottery jars.
Some people just have no sense of adventure

When I was young, death was a possibility. Now it's an inevitability. I think we do eventually say something like 'Fcuk this. I can neither understand nor enjoy this anymore' it may be that an aspect of self declines alongside the physical body.
There was a Pratchett book that dealt with this pretty well (Strata) people who were functionally immortal but as they got older started doing more and more dangerous things until one day one of them got them

I’d like to come back with a shit load of cash for whisky and cigars.
All the money I spent on stuff like cars and that. Ah, well.
So, in the spirit of the OP, and contrary to the above, my old Audi 100. Odometer packed in about 197k and I dove it for years after that.
A true Valhalla car.
so that, with a boot full of Highland Park whisky. And some cigars for the glove box. Should keep me amused.
Question: how long does the afterlife go on for?

A collection of cunningly concealed IEDs.

I was never that keen on archaeologists.

**** that shit, I want a Viking burial. Long ship, flaming arrows, and a massive piss up.
If anyone organised that for me, I'd refuse to go.

Which would probably be a tad disconcerting for the undertaker, mind you.

The world that I 'belong to' is fading and disappearing. I miss it, and don't especially like our current world.

I have a nasty feeling that reincarnation - not eternal life - follows death. Out of the frying pan, into the fire.
You're doing it wrong. As the world changes while you do not, you can have endless fun refusing to be part of it and bemoaning all the modern stuff and those who use it while flatly refusing to die.

I've lost count of the times I've stood in a queue in the bank while some old dear who doesn't trust/can't use the cashpoint gets money out.

They usually prattle on at length how they "don't understand these new-fangled computer things" and won't use one, while the lass behind the counter sorts her shìt out by using a computer.

I mean, how long have PCs been around? Yet there always seems a crop of old biddys who can't use one, or indeed anything designed after 1970. I even knew one old woman who came into a shop I used to run and constantly tried to pay in pre-decimal coins.

The point being, as they hold up the queue while turning round to include everyone else in this conversation about their refusal to cooperate with the modern world, they seem to be having a whale of a time.

Usually at the expense of people who have somewhere else to be.

You should try that.

Anyway, back to the thread. I'd like a signed picture of Kylie like my mate had with "love Kylie xxx", just so archeologists in the future think I banged her.

A collection of cunningly concealed IEDs.

I was never that keen on archaeologists.
Sort of agree.

I would like a large can of instant sunshine IED

I'd rather like to make a large statement if anyone disturbs my well-earned rest.

Talking of older lady of untarnished virtue being entombed in a pyramid.
That happened to Joan Collins who played the scheming wife of a Pharaoh in an underrated epic.**

Joan: " Ok, that's the burial ceremony (for late pharaoh Jack Hawkins) over, now show me the secret way out that all pyramids have"

High Priest;(with some satisfaction) "Not this one, you're shut in forever with the rest of us."

Exit one rather distraught Joan Collins.

** Land of the Pharaohs - wiki

Talking of older lady of untarnished virtue being entombed in a pyramid.
That happened to Joan Collins who played the scheming wife of a Pharaoh in an underrated epic.**

Joan: " Ok, that's the burial ceremony (for late pharaoh Jack Hawkins) over, now show me the secret way out that all pyramids have"

High Priest;(with some satisfaction) "Not this one, you're shut in forever with the rest of us."

Exit one rather distraught Joan Collins.

** Land of the Pharaohs - wiki

Or rather, "Non exit".

I would have given an "Excellent" for that if you hadn't forgotten to take a phone.
And a bank card to pay over the phone for the takeaway grub!