A Parents Love...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Nov 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was at a school today to give a talk about Remembrance Day and such to some classes and met two delightful young ladies, identical twins, obviously much loved by their parents.. so much so that they were named after their father.. Was all I could do to keep a straight face after being introduced to Flloydeen and Flloydeesha...

still the one I felt most sorry for was a young girl who went by the moniker of

" LA'SONJA" [ with the "J" pronounced as "Y" in proper hispanic tradition ]

got me to thinking of all the unthinking parents out there who inflict names on their kids because they think its cute or ' speshul ' like...
    Dweezil Zappa??? Apple Paltrow?.or Wacko Jacko's tots; Prince Michael, Prince Michael Too and the bagheaded one...you can sort of expect that those types of stupid labels would come from the ' artsy set ' but other stuff just borders on the perverse..

.when did the trend among Black Afro American types to stick an extraneous letter and an apostraphe at some arbitrary point in names become fashionable? Is this some erroneous attempt at mimicing Dark Continent antecedents or ' Americanizing ' Zulu/Zhoshu, Masai traditional names?

I assume that back in old Blighty the chav set have thier own unique cultural cognomens to instill that sheen of chavness on their offspring...." It's bleedin Arfur, innit! "

what's the worst/dumbest name you have come across?
  2. My first girfriend was called Teresa Green
  3. When I were a nipper, I courted a lass called Linda Darling!!
  4. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I went to school with two brothers, Pete Lugg and Simon Lugg. Nicknames were obvious, and probably still with them today.
  5. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I saw a report recently which mentioned a child called K'tee (pronounced Katie, apparently); chav, not afro-caribbean.
  6. :D :D I went to school with the child who could be described as the spawn of the devil called William Wallace Williams. Fat, buck teeth and smelly.

Good start in life......genetics suck :twisted: :twisted:
  7. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

My father once marked an exam paper for a girl by the name of Crystal Shanda Lear. 8O
  8. I have a customer called Mick Hunt. Always Mick, never Mike.

Mind you, he's 6'5" and an ex-Guardsman so he can call himself whatever he likes as far as I'm concerned.

My former boss has two grandkids called Sam and Ella. Try saying it quickly . . .

Lastly, a friend has the most beautiful little girl called Alana Dale. I got short shrift when I pointed out the similarity to Robin Hood's mate.
  9. Emma Lettice
  10. My son went to a school in Newcastle with a kid called Robilee. Obviously his dad was a toon army nutter and named him after his favourite player.
  11. Also anyone remember a para Captain called Richard "Dick" Head. 8O Obviously nails with a name like that :D
  12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Because they haven't got a fecking Scooby about their 'roots' location, the tribal traditions, what the names mean or how to spell them.

Tossers the bunch of them, as bad if not worse than the Islingtonites and their 'artsy' names.
  13. My wife taught a chavette called Tequila Dyer - Our theory is that the mother could only remember what she was drinking at the time of conception.
  14. If she'd had triplets I suppose the others would have been Ice and Slice.