• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

A Night Of Heroes "Millies"

Not a fan of this sort of thing. Creeping Americanisation of the Armed forces for purely commercial reasons by the Sun.
There is absolutely no doubt that the individuals concerned will be highly honourable, brave people. Unless things have changed radically over the last 10 or so years I suspect that they would rather not be involved with it.

Don't know what to think of it. I'm sure soldiers would rather be honoured officially, than by The Sun. However if it's a case of being honoured and having your 15 minutes on a programme like this or nothing, then it's not doing anything wrong.

The Sun's always been supportive off our forces, and I'd rather they had stories about soldiers, even if it was to sell papers, than be forgotten about and have a 2 page article on Katy Price's latest fella or whatever.

Nightrained said:
Don't know what to think of it. I'm sure soldiers would rather be honoured officially, than by The Sun. However if it's a case of being honoured and having your 15 minutes on a programme like this or nothing, then it's not doing anything wrong.

The Sun's always been supportive off our forces, and I'd rather they had stories about soldiers, even if it was to sell papers, than be forgotten about and have a 2 page article on Katy Price's latest fella or whatever.
Oh really :roll:

CAARPS said:
Nightrained said:

Yes especially all the crap sex stories they report on that ruin peoples lives. Funny we never here about the tescos employees shagging in the stock room!!

Nightrained said:

Really?

No, but.... REALLY?

I can't take The Sun seriously as a "champion of the Armed Forces" - I remember their rabid treatment and pillorying of Lee Clegg et al at the start of the Glenn Road case in 1991, with the amazing volte face four years blater with the associated claims that his freedom was down to their (ahem) tireless campaigning.

ringdoby said:
Nightrained said:

Really?

No, but.... REALLY?
Nightrained....you must have a short memory...The Scum will do whatever it can to grab a headline. If this fuels the current 'pro forces' attitude then we tend to think it's fine, but it's not that long ago they were shitting on the forces and destroying reputations - fairly or unfairly, to grab those same headlines. As said before, they have muscled in on the current feeling towards the forces and no doubt intend to take the credit. Self serving bastards. I'll get off the fence soon :roll:

The brave guys & girls who will be used tonight deserve better than that.

This is going to be fcuking horrendous, much like all the other overt grief whoring and faux forces supporting shite.

It's trendy at the minute, but just wait until the fickle public get sick of it all.

sfub said:
I can't take The Sun seriously as a "champion of the Armed Forces" - I remember their rabid treatment and pillorying of Lee Clegg et al at the start of the Glenn Road case in 1991, with the amazing volte face four years blater with the associated claims that his freedom was down to their (ahem) tireless campaigning.
Actually met and worked with him in 2003, top bloke.

Currently watching this with mixed emotions (ok a couple of beers down)

Firstly, immense pride of the humility of the royal who just accepted the through adversity award

Secondly, extreme sadness that the "celebrities" who honoured him with said award will no doubt be releasing singles shortly

Can we not do the "millies" without corporate whoring of what should be a immensely proud national event?

B4B

sfub said:
One of my first job's working for NTL as an engineer was up in Glenbawn Ave,Walked in the house to see a picture of Karen Reilly in that 'shrine' in the front room....It was her aunt's house!!

It's The Sun wot done it.
Thanks my Sun
Our tireless campaign for.....you name it
Our Boys and Girls
we support the war on Iraq and weapons of mass destruction
Well ok they didn't have any but it brought down Sadam
Etc Etc Etc :puker: :puker: :puker: :puker: :puker:

Murdoch is a war mongering Cnut.

There are a load of yipping squealing X Factor type tw@ts in the audience. These good servicemen and women are being used for entertainment and Newspaper promotion, watch this paper blowing it's own trumpet yet again tomorrow. :rage:

B

Bottleosmoke

Who organised the dress for those serving?

I can see at least 3 types:

Mess
Service
No.1's

Oh and 2 serving officers in Black Tie.

Fucking shambles.

garyrjb said:
CAARPS said:
Nightrained said:

Yes especially all the crap sex stories they report on that ruin peoples lives. Funny we never here about the tescos employees shagging in the stock room!!
Should have spent my resttlement time working in tescos then

Bottleosmoke said:
Who organised the dress for those serving?

I can see at least 3 types:

Mess
Service
No.1's

Oh and 2 serving officers in Black Tie.

Fucking shambles.
Agreed a right shambles. A night for the forces from the public to honour the forces. Disgracefull Oh and supported by celebraties the cnuts, what selfish bastards to go to this event and give awards out. I am personally outraged. I bet all the blokes in the room are right p1ssed off to be there

Latest Threads