• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

A new if unlikely Hero

George Galloway MP:

An audience reaction to tonights Question Time
General comments on the programme

You said:

What on earth is Galloway doing on your programme. He is a disgrace to Britain and politics.
Damian, Leeds

Well done George Galloway - tell it how it is. Your comments on the Shiavo case and your pertinent illustration of the possible repercussions of such actions were as ever extremely well put. Well done to George Galloway.
Gerrie , Greenock

George Galloway was far more lucid than I expected - perhaps I should stop reading the regular press?
David , Haywards Heath

For George Galloway to try to portray himself as the champion of democracy and the oppressed is the height of cant and hypocrisy.
Kenneth , Somerset

I would like to compliment Lembit Opik on his intelligent answers tonight. He came across as a man who was very honest and it was a breath of fresh air to listen to a politician who was speaking as a member of the public and not just trying to win votes.
R S, Marbella, Spain

Without doubt, the most entertaining QT ever. George Galloway is fantastic and gets my vote! Margaret Hodge proves beyond all doubt just how out of touch the government is.
Jeff, Solihull

I did remove names however it is all open.

I have to admit that though I care little for the mans stance or his policies I do think he gave a good shoing to the 'Rt Hon' MP who serves as a Government Minister for Children despite her unfortunate association with a scandle in a particular London Borough.

Begs the question..finger on the pulse or head in the sand?

Letterwritingman said:
George Galloway MP:

An audience reaction to tonights Question Time
General comments on the programme

You said:

What on earth is Galloway doing on your programme. He is a disgrace to Britain and politics.
Damian, Leeds

Well done George Galloway - tell it how it is. Your comments on the Shiavo case and your pertinent illustration of the possible repercussions of such actions were as ever extremely well put. Well done to George Galloway.
Gerrie , Greenock

George Galloway was far more lucid than I expected - perhaps I should stop reading the regular press?
David , Haywards Heath

For George Galloway to try to portray himself as the champion of democracy and the oppressed is the height of cant and hypocrisy.
Kenneth , Somerset

I would like to compliment Lembit Opik on his intelligent answers tonight. He came across as a man who was very honest and it was a breath of fresh air to listen to a politician who was speaking as a member of the public and not just trying to win votes.
R S, Marbella, Spain

Without doubt, the most entertaining QT ever. George Galloway is fantastic and gets my vote! Margaret Hodge proves beyond all doubt just how out of touch the government is.
Jeff, Solihull

Return to the top of the page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: The BBC will put up as many of your comments as possible but we cannot guarantee that all e-mails will be published. The BBC reserves the right to edit comments that are published.

I did remove names however it is all open.

I have to admit that though I care little for the mans stance or his policies I do think he gave a good shoing to the 'Rt Hon' MP who serves as a Government Minister for Children despite her unfortunate association with a scandle in a particular London Borough.

Begs the question..finger on the pulse or head in the sand?

Didn't see it I still think he is a Cun.t

I saw it, and as much as I hate to admit it , GG was very good.

Excellent commentary on the Shaivo case, and an astute observation on Flight, as well as the slap he gave Bodge.

Lembit was very good too - "Now you're really making me angry" as the Tory stooge tried to tell breathtaking whoppers on Primetime TV.

But when George invited Hodge to shut her neck before he reached for his libel lawyers (She misquoted him, and then dug a bigger hole for herself) , and when the Torygraph girl piped up , he gave her a quick left-right too , and I was in stitches.

Inviting Howard Flight to join Respect had me chortling, and Hodge was forced to shut up , because she could see George itching to get some Labour Party dirty washing out.

Unfortunately , Dimbleby was wise to it and moved it on quickly :(

It was a classic QT , and more than made up for that abortion in Belfast.

George Galloway should be weighted down with lead and stuff and then tipped over the side of a trawler of the Minches.

He once tried, in a very drunken state, to get arsey with me in Westminster tube. He bounced twice going down the up escalator. I of course was stone cold sober...and so were my three lying friends.

Deserved I am sure :D That said, on this particular evening he ran circles round Hodge the Bodge or as some of us who remember her from her council days 'Cardinal Hodge'.