A new Book - Our Lad Ricky

:twisted:

Hi All,

I have written a tongue in cheek book concerning my training as a sapper in the Royal Engineer in the mid 1960s. I am no longer working as I had to give up work to act a carer for my good lady. Hence the need to try to sell suffient of my self-published book in order to get it published properly. Please check out the website for the book, there are two extracts from the book, My Enlistment and The Windowlene man included in the site:

http://www.crawldog.com/michaelruston/index.php

Hi Mick,

I don't think we met but I was in the Corps from 1975-2000.

Good effort on writing the book and doing something positive with your life particularly as you have had to become a full time carer.

Quite frankly I am astounded that your posts have not met with any response (I found this thread after your post on the Sapper thread). I for one will definately buy your book.

Come on guys ... it's not like Mick came on here looking for charity ... he came on here to plug a book about army life. Sales of which might give him and his good lady a little extra in life.

ps. Mick, it might help to move it along if you offered a small percentage of sales to a service charity ... particularly sales through ARRSE?

Nice one.I am no expert,but I find the pages hard to read.Can you change the colour setup? The black background is not too easy on the eyes,well mine anyway!

result.

post it on the sapper forum also.

laters.

I was in dire straights at the beginning of the year. I was very grateful to the RE Ben Fund who helped me out with £500. If the book proves successful I hope to repay them in full WITH INTEREST!. I don't need a lot! So long as my wfie and I are comforable LOL

Are you any relation to Willie Rushton?

If so I'd like my virginity back, he sat me on his knee to read me a story about winnie the pooh, before I knew it my underdeveloped kidneys were being battered by an angry member. I was glad when he ejaculated in me, as his seed acted as lubricant when he pulled out.

Good News everyone!

I now have a PayPal buy now button on my website for those who would like to use this service. But if you wish to have a different dedication than:

To: (Your name)
Thank you for your support
Michael 'Ricky' Ruston

Please let me know (e.g. if you are buying the book for a relative or friend)

Regards

Mike

P.S. Five from ARSE have said they will buy the book - wonderful!

michaelruston said:
Good News everyone!

I now have a PayPal buy now button on my website for those who would like to use this service. But if you wish to have a different dedication than:

To: (Your name)
Thank you for your support
Michael 'Ricky' Ruston

Please let me know (e.g. if you are buying the book for a relative or friend)

Regards

Mike

P.S. Five from ARSE have said they will buy the book - wonderful!
Excellent, that saves me from getting my lazy arrse down to the post office to send the money off. I'll be ordering two in a minute.

Edited to add, ordered, but I've emailed you about the shipping addresses.

Should have waited ... wrote and sent a cheque yesterday :roll:

Even had to write a HANDWITTEN note to go in the envelope as my printer is playing up 8O

I wanted to be as lazy as O_S and use the PayPal button 8)

Greetings Mick,
Had my eye on your book for a while and PayPal accounts are a Godsend for lazy/easier ways of doing things baskets such as myself. I tittered a lot at the short extracts I've read already (Naafi Alley block fight) and am glad to help out a fellow ex Corp member where possible.
I recognise you from your gallery pics and I was also at Iserlohn and Nottingham/Chilwell the same time as you in one of the STREs although we never 'worked' together from memory.
Book ordered about 5 mins ago!

k13eod said:
Should have waited ... wrote and sent a cheque yesterday :roll:

Even had to write a HANDWITTEN note to go in the envelope as my printer is playing up 8O

I wanted to be as lazy as O_S and use the PayPal button 8)
Handwritten, is that a new font I'm missing? ;)

Anyway you don't have time to read others books when you should be busy writing your own. :D

michaelruston said:
Your book is at Newport Post Office!!
I thought you were joking! It arrived Weds morning and I read the whole book this morning (I can't put a book down once I start)

You can relate to it totally, especially if you trained at Cove as I did a few yrs later than you. A very good read and thoroughly recommended if you are in any doubt. Nice one!
It is very funny and makes me feel better as I turned up with only 1 pair of grollies and no razor as I didn't need it then!

Latest Threads