A new Book - Our Lad Ricky

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by michaelruston, May 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :twisted:

Hi All,

I have written a tongue in cheek book concerning my training as a sapper in the Royal Engineer in the mid 1960s. I am no longer working as I had to give up work to act a carer for my good lady. Hence the need to try to sell suffient of my self-published book in order to get it published properly. Please check out the website for the book, there are two extracts from the book, My Enlistment and The Windowlene man included in the site:

http://www.crawldog.com/michaelruston/index.php

2. Hi Mick,

I don't think we met but I was in the Corps from 1975-2000.

Good effort on writing the book and doing something positive with your life particularly as you have had to become a full time carer.

Quite frankly I am astounded that your posts have not met with any response (I found this thread after your post on the Sapper thread). I for one will definately buy your book.

Come on guys ... it's not like Mick came on here looking for charity ... he came on here to plug a book about army life. Sales of which might give him and his good lady a little extra in life.

ps. Mick, it might help to move it along if you offered a small percentage of sales to a service charity ... particularly sales through ARRSE?

3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Looking at the website thingy now,looks good & worth a read.
    Wait out.

4. Looks like a good read to me, are you going to add a 'buy it now' kind of button to the website?

5. Nice one.I am no expert,but I find the pages hard to read.Can you change the colour setup? The black background is not too easy on the eyes,well mine anyway!

6. result.

post it on the sapper forum also.

laters.

7. I was in dire straights at the beginning of the year. I was very grateful to the RE Ben Fund who helped me out with £500. If the book proves successful I hope to repay them in full WITH INTEREST!. I don't need a lot! So long as my wfie and I are comforable LOL

8. The book is available from me from my website using the PayPal button.

(7.49 incl p&P)

Thank you for your support guys! I am really greatful!

9. Are you any relation to Willie Rushton?

If so I'd like my virginity back, he sat me on his knee to read me a story about winnie the pooh, before I knew it my underdeveloped kidneys were being battered by an angry member. I was glad when he ejaculated in me, as his seed acted as lubricant when he pulled out.

10. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Only just noticed this, will definately be getting a copy plus a PM inbound

11. Cheque is on the way ... posted as a shameless bump.

12. Cousin of Salmon Rushton? Didnt he write poems about Satan then run away and hide?

13. Nah! Not related to any RusHton's No 'H' in my name haha

14. Good News everyone!

I now have a PayPal buy now button on my website for those who would like to use this service. But if you wish to have a different dedication than:

To: (Your name)
    Thank you for your support
    Michael 'Ricky' Ruston

Please let me know (e.g. if you are buying the book for a relative or friend)

Regards

Mike

P.S. Five from ARSE have said they will buy the book - wonderful!

15. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Excellent, that saves me from getting my lazy arrse down to the post office to send the money off. I'll be ordering two in a minute.

Edited to add, ordered, but I've emailed you about the shipping addresses.